Even more Ti Fat

jbrannsten

Staff member
Since it's showing of my Ti Fat week, I'll thought I'll throw in some pics of my recent build. I got the bike last fall but never came around to build it until this winter.

It is a '94 Somerville frame. Stolen a few years back, but recovered. Unfortunatly almost all the decals was removed when I got it back (also the serial #) so now I'm in the process of recovering new decals. Will post more pics when the bike is complete.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    309.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 45

laffeaux

How does ride? It looks nice with all of the new components. It's great to see an older frame still being ridden like it was intended to be ridden. :)

jbrannsten

Staff member
How does ride? It looks nice with all of the new components. It's great to see an older frame still being ridden like it was intended to be ridden. :)

It rides beautifully.... The modern build was done with full intent. I was considering going fully retro, but decided to do this with one of my other frames instead.

Butcher

Ti Fat overdose!!! I like it.

Great to see you got your bike back! So if I understand you right they "removed" the serial number? Did they grind it off?

I like to mix in some modern parts on my builds too since some stuff just needs to be bullet proof and all my bikes are riders.

jbrannsten

Staff member
Ti Fat overdose!!! I like it.

Great to see you got your bike back! So if I understand you right they "removed" the serial number? Did they grind it off?

I like to mix in some modern parts on my builds too since some stuff just needs to be bullet proof and all my bikes are riders.

Yea, I'm surpirised how many here have Ti's:D

They did grind the serial off, or...they rather filed it off so it is actually done quite nice and does not look too bad.

jbrannsten

Staff member
Updated pics

Here it is...with brand new decals.

Attachments

• IMG_2751.JPG
    IMG_2751.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2761.JPG
    IMG_2761.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2773.JPG
    IMG_2773.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2785.JPG
    IMG_2785.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 26

jbrannsten

Staff member
There are two decals I'm not happy with, these are the ones on the seat tube and they are a bit off. I must say, putting on these old decals was no easy job but I do think they look great.

Stay tuned for pics of ny newly aquired '93 Yo in s/m. It has been ridden about 20 rides since it was new, the chain, casette etc does not have dirt on it:D

jbrannsten

Staff member
Yes, this weekend was great. On Saturday I got a hold of a mint Yo, and on Sunday I got a mint Klein Quantum Pro frame:D However, it turned out to be an expensive weekend;)

You need to turn on your phone, I have been trying to call you all day but it has been switched of....

bonsaii

I'm currently at sea (the Snorre B platform) but will get back, on the phone anyway, tomorrow wednsday 15th. I'll call you!

Looking forward to see the new baby, although I think it might be to small for you! No worries, though, it will fit me perfectly...!

:D

bonsebassa