Yo Eddy year I.D.

headtube

Been lurking here a while and this is my first post. I have a Yo in transit - frame only. My first Fat ever, and I'm looking forward to building her up. I'm unsure of the year and thought that the Fat community here could help me out with identification.

The color is Team Violet, the serail # is YOML084 and it has a 1" head tube. It also has a "Built in Saratoga Springs" label with a "Chris Chance" decal on the left chain stay.

Any help with specs would be appreciated also. Thanks.

Spikes

I would suggest it is a Medium/Large Yo from 1995. If you take a look at the list from Jeff Archer at: http://www.firstflightbikes.com/fat.htm you will notice the Yo's from 1994 and before have a different sequence in the serial numbers. As far as I can recall they used one inch headtubes in 1995 and switched to 1 1/8 inch in 1997.

Keep us informed about your project!

Last edited:

Yo Eddy!

Hi Headtube,

I have no idea on the rigid fork, but the Judy my YOM1075 (1995) originally came with measures 42.5cm axle to lower race.

mike wood

I have just purchased my first ( probably of many ! ) Fat - a maroon coloured Wicked with the frame number 153W19 ....... i have been trying without success to find out year it was lovingly crafted or even where ..... can anyone help ! ps i'm a long time Salsa ala Carte owner ( since 1989 ) still have my original bike ( white with Jellybean paint job ) which still has majority of original parts .....

Mike

headtube

Doug Carter said:
153W19

153 = production number
W = Wicked
1 = 1991 model year
9 = 19" frame size

I wish it was that easy for this one... YOML084. How do I decipher that?

YO = Yo Eddy
ML = Medium / Large
084 = ?????

Anybody know?

fat-tony

Staff member
headtube said:
I wish it was that easy for this one... YOML084. How do I decipher that?

YO = Yo Eddy
ML = Medium / Large
084 = ?????

Anybody know?

I think the "0" after ML is for the year 2000. Not sure though, maybe somebody else can verify.

Yo Eddy!

I am sorry. So far I did not manage it to decipher what the last 3/4 digits mean. At the monents I thought I did, I soon realized it couldn't be that.