WTB Sppedmaster Brakes...Help!

rthomer

I purchased these on Ebay a few months back, received a bag of parts. For the life of me I can't find any pics of this particular model of WTB brakes. I think they are a later model, I've seen the ones with a linear spring that is positioned on the front. These appear to be completely different, the spring seems to mount behind the canti and has a bend to it.

Below are pics of the parts I have , and how I think it goes together, but I have no place for this one lonely washer....it's not a regular cut washer either, it has a dimple or raised point on it, if thats any help.

BTW, the brakes didn't include bolts to mount the canti's to the brake boss, I robbed one from an Onza brake set I had, and it seems to work.

The canti on the left is bolted down minus the one washer.

If anyone has any clue as to the correct assembly and has any idea where this washer goes I'd greatly appreciative it.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 14

IF52

It looks like the one lonely washer goes on the pad holder under the brake pad post.

settemarche

RT,

sorry i cannot help with the washers.

but, please make sure to check the metal part that holds the brake pad stud. these are often over tightened and crack. i was sold a set in which this was the case. hairline - but it was still a buzz kill.

Sette

rthomer

Thanks IF52,never thought of putting it there, sounds like a logical spot....

And I appreciate your comments Sette.