Want to trade my Medium Yo frame/fork for your Large?

DHSlammer

Edit: I also want to sell this painted to match Judy SL as seen in below pic. Jumped on the fork and it seems to be in good condition but I plan to pull it apart shortly and check the internals for a better description of condition.

----

I picked up this Yo off eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150247832685) the other day and it just arrived yesterday. I know the parts are not period correct but the frame with fork was in too good of condition to pass up. Besides, these hold value right? lol.

My first foray into Fat country, I have constantly lusted after the Yos since my teens in the early 90s, Don Myrah my favorite NORBA guy, etc. The fork is even nicer than I ever imagined and this one has never even been mounted as the dropouts show no QR impression what so ever.

d5db_1.JPG

(Note the fork in the upper right of the pic)

The bike is just barely-maybe-almost large enough for me but Ill have to put a longer stem than the 110 thats on there now. I have 4 or 5 inches of stand over and am 6'3" tall with the legs of a 6'4" or 6'5" person. I think this must be a medium am I correct in assuming the "M" in the serial is Medium? or does the "L" mean its a large? Head tube looks like a medium.

Serial: 737Y3ML

I plan to get it back to top performance with new cables/housing, clean it up and put the rigid fork back on. Otherwise the frame is in great condition, just a scratch from the brake levers on the top tube from a "tank slapper" incident and the non drive chain stay decal rubbed off from shoe abbrasion. Even real onZa bar ends and Ibis ti bar!

I can live with this size as I dont plan to do any aggressive off roading it is barely big enough and Im in love with the Yo but it would be nice to have the proper size.

Anyone wanna trade their large for my medium? Or their XL for mine if on the off chance this is a large?

Please reply to this post if you are interested and I can provide contact info, more pics, etc.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fat-tony

Staff member
"ML" in the serial number means it's a size medium/large, which is between (drum roll please) a medium "M" and a large "L".

fat-tony

Staff member
So the next size up would be a straight large? or is it large/xlarge?

Yes, next size up would be straight Large and it stopped there.

I believe if you wanted an extra large back in the day, it was a custom order, so not too many of them around.

There is a sticky under the general discussion heading on this site that has PDF copies of the 1992 and 1994 catalogs so that you can review sizing. For some reason the 1993 catalog is not there.

And are you sure that there is a "K" and the end of your serial number. Funny, maybe it previously belonged to the american civil hero "Dr. MLK" :)

Last edited:

DHSlammer

Yah I almost mentioned that in my previous post Im only going by the eBay auction description which I presume is infalible. Looking at the other serials it seems unlikely to have a K on the end but the bike is at work and I am at home today playing "hooky" and installing new wood floor. Yay.

Im going to double check the serial tomorrow morning.