Getting there......93 Yo

FATKiwi

Its taken a while but its finally painted and stickered and partially built. I bought this as a real dog about 6 years ago, nothing original on the frame, spray painted black!. Seized seat post was the first issue, stripped the black off to find a Team Violet paint job way gone. Kept stripping and found the rusty seat tube ( since repaired but not replaced ) not to mention a seriously bent rear stay that had been bodged up with vehicle bog. Ugh! Straightened that and carried on stripping. Now its been powder coated white and I finally got to apply the stickers I bought off Rody 2 years ago!

Had a well rooted Judy on it so I resurrected the Mag 21. Thoughts on that anyone? Just been acumulating bits where and when I can, got some nice White hubs plus a BB, King HS, NOS XTR M900 brake/shifters, a Ringle stem from Brazli ( thanks Colker! ). XTR cranks, brakes, derailleurs and Salsa skewers. Another NZ Fat fan gave me the toothpicks and the the roller thing for the front mech ( thanks Mike ). Just need to polish up the cranks and find a decent bar and it wont be too far from its first off road excursion with me at the helm. Weee hooo!

Cant upload photos for some reason at the mo, will keep tryin......

Last edited:

FATKiwi

Finally, photos of the beast, it rides so very nice too! Might SS it for the Worlds down here in New Zealand later in the year.

Attachments

• PC050337.jpg
    PC050337.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 117
  • PC060365.jpg
    PC060365.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 53
  • PC060360.jpg
    PC060360.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 45
  • PC060379.jpg
    PC060379.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 42
  • PC060364.jpg
    PC060364.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 39
  • PC060376.jpg
    PC060376.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 39

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Looks great! I like the white-out on the forks and cables too.

Those hubs have such an awesome ratchet noise too :)

FATKiwi

Cheers guys, I took it out for its first proper strop the other day in the woods, and stayed on my mates tail while he was riding a carbon GT Force. The forks arent so plush! He knew I was there though with my whining XTR canti's!