Help with postage prices

BostonBobby

Iam very new to buying and selling things online. I just recently purchased a bike on "THAT SITE" For what I thought was a good deal. I won the auction and immediatley paid the seller now the $50 I already paid is not enough he is saying it will cost $112.00 to ship the frame and fork from Toronto to Boston in 7 days at that!
I looked on fedex and I could send a 50 pound box in 3 days for $40!
Does anyone know what I should suggest to this seller so I wont get screwed here!?
Thanks

DC

Try USPS. It maybe that it is international shipping getting you. I just sold a fork to England, USPS was about $40, FedEx wanted like $150 to get it there in the same time frame.

best of luck!
DC

mainlyfats

I just sent a complete bike via UPS from Winnipeg to the DC area. It was $300 insured for 7 day service.

It's always pricey dealing with a border, but its gotten a lot pricier in the past two years. Not sure I'll ever do it again.

Iam very new to buying and selling things online. I just recently purchased a bike on "THAT SITE" For what I thought was a good deal. I won the auction and immediatley paid the seller now the $50 I already paid is not enough he is saying it will cost $112.00 to ship the frame and fork from Toronto to Boston in 7 days at that!
I looked on fedex and I could send a 50 pound box in 3 days for $40!
Does anyone know what I should suggest to this seller so I wont get screwed here!?
Thanks
I assume you're talking about the Team Chance from Kelowna, BC. His auction clearly states $50 to the United States so if it cost's him more than that is his mistake (although I would imagine there are methods that don't exceed $50 or at least not by much). What's odd is he states it will take 14-23 business days so he certainly must have done the research on some shipping service to the US.

tvcreative

I sent two frames to canada recently, one was FEDEX cost $167, one was USPS, $114 oversized...(over 106 inches)

Make sure the postal strike is over there in CA...USPS was not taking anything for CA for a while...

I will not be sending or buying anything outside of US anymore (it's just way too expensive for larger items)

No offense to our worldly brethren who are on this site....

I think anything OVER 106 total inches sends all this into a tailspin as far as shipping.

Last edited:

BostonBobby

Jeez we figure out everything on this site! haha yes it is the team chance.Thanks guys. Right it did clearly state 50 shipping to the US. So what happens if he wants more? Or just decides to not sell it to me now or somthing like that? I dont even know why I bought it. but Ive always wanted to see one up close i guess. btw. I also bought the early 90s fat team jersey for $65 I have been outbid so many times one them and the guy had free shipping so it wasnt a bad deal as long as the jersey is as described. theres still a long sleeve jacket up there for around the same buy it now. I have stayed away from ebay for too long i guess its just unavoidable at this point.

I also bought the early 90s fat team jersey for $65 I have been outbid so many times one them and the guy had free shipping so it wasnt a bad deal as long as the jersey is as described. theres still a long sleeve jacket up there for around the same buy it now. I have stayed away from ebay for too long i guess its just unavoidable at this point.

That's so funny I was looking at those jerseys and wondered if it was someone on this site that purchase the short sleeve one! The long sleeve one states that the lining is crumbling so I just figured I'd stay clear of it. Once something starts to deteriorate it typically doesn't get better!

BostonBobby

Ya Im waiting for it now. I have been outbid for jerseys so many times and theyve been selling for like $50 and up even for beat up ones and that jersey was said to be in good shape. And it was free shipping so I figured id pull the trigger.
The frame and fork is gonna cost me another $25 since the seller said he would cover half the shipping differance if i covered the other half. So ill finally be able to see one of these canadien "team chances" and see how it compares to the yo eddy.
It looks like the tange fork was used on some bikes by fat city anyways I wonder what the differance was or if there is a differance?