fat chance for sale- sound good?

applejaxon

Hey all,
I'm new to this forum and also a new fan of these bikes.
I saw this ad on Craigslist in Chicago for this bike and it seemed
like it was a low price. Does this sound right? Or are they not as expensive
as I thought they might be. On Ebay some are 1400, one's 6000 (!). So, any
help or thoughts I'd appreciate! thanks
Here's a link: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/2528327148.html

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Very nice pick up for that price, assuming things are all in good shape (and they look to be).

The eBay bikes you are seeing are (mostly) at crazy prices that will never sell.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I dunno.....the Monster and that purple Wicked that went for $2k complete the other day are pricey, but not THAAAAT amazingly silly given that they're both perfect condition. Can't really beat original stuff in mint shape--like buying new in a time warp. I didn't think the Wicked would go that high though.

The stupid ones are that beat up grello Yo for $2k and the lame-o BBC Campy bike for $6.

malone

I think this is legit.
I live in Chicago, and there aren't many people out here who know fat chance. Also to echo others, those prices on ebay are inflated, those $2000 bikes aren't selling for that.
If you don't check this one out, I might... as soon as I can figure out how to sneak it into my collection without my SO noticing.

Hey all,
I'm new to this forum and also a new fan of these bikes.
I saw this ad on Craigslist in Chicago for this bike and it seemed
like it was a low price. Does this sound right? Or are they not as expensive
as I thought they might be. On Ebay some are 1400, one's 6000 (!). So, any
help or thoughts I'd appreciate! thanks
Here's a link: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/2528327148.html

fat-tony

Staff member
I wish the seller would remove the $6k campy bike. I am tired of looking at it. :kissyface

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Nope--that was a scammer. They steal the pics from high dollar items and try to nab someone on a quick auction before eBay can take them down.

The 6k bike sucks to see -I agree - and they've been targetted before in a similar way. Serves em right, in a way....

malone

A successful rescue mission

Here's the update:
Teenage girl selling this fat, "Uh, It was my dad's. It's really old... like from the 90's."
Serial 87952. 19", I think.
It is filthy.
I am in love (with the bike, not the girl).