Bontrager Fork Question

fat66

I seem to remember reading in another thread about Bontrager Forks having a numbering system stamped on the fork crown that designated the rake,,,,,,,,,,so I cleaned up my Bonty and flipped it over and found the #5 stamped on the crown..........can anyone explain the details? THANX:D
2 Wheels Good

Kirk Pacenti

I seem to remember reading in another thread about Bontrager Forks having a numbering system stamped on the fork crown that designated the rake,,,,,,,,,,so I cleaned up my Bonty and flipped it over and found the #5 stamped on the crown..........can anyone explain the details? THANX:D
2 Wheels Good

By the time I had started working at Bontrager, they had all but stopped making rigid forks. However, I do recall the forks were available with 32mm, 35mm and 38mm of rake (off-set). Since they were all in the 30's, a 2, 5 or 8 may have sufficed to identify the amount of off-set the fork had... But that's just a guess. You'd be better off rigging some sort of system to measure the rake off a flat surface. A V-block and a flat surface would be a good starting point. Good luck! Cheers, KP

sneb

"Stimmt, das bezeichnet die Gabelvorbiegung. Die 5 zeigt 1,5" "fork rake" an - diese Gabeln waren f