1985 Fat Chance rear brake????

jasonz

I was wondering about the rear brakes on a 1985 Fat Chance. Is it U brake or canti? Mine has both. I do not know if someone had the additional put on. It has cable guides for both, however it does NOT have the cable stop bridge. I am wanting to resore it to its original glory (repaint, decal, ect...) I anticipate on removing the studs that are not on a 1985. Please e-mail or post any photos you may have of a 1985 Fat Chance.

Thanks

jasonz

I didn't see the 85

I did not see a 1985 on your web page, saw a 1987. Is it the same? Also, how do I remove the bottom bracket?

Thanks

rody

Jason,

If you were to post a couple of pics of your frame it would help us in making suggestions to move it back to an original state.

Besides, everyone likes a little eye candy ;)

cheers,

rody

Bssc

85 is a little early for a ubrake on a MTB 86/ 87 it was though to be superior. My bet would be that the mount is a later addition during the ubrake fad.

mainlyfats

Where'd you net on this?

I was wondering about the rear brakes on a 1985 Fat Chance. Is it U brake or canti? Mine has both. I do not know if someone had the additional put on. It has cable guides for both, however it does NOT have the cable stop bridge. I am wanting to resore it to its original glory (repaint, decal, ect...) I anticipate on removing the studs that are not on a 1985. Please e-mail or post any photos you may have of a 1985 Fat Chance.

Thanks

Saw the bike on eBay. Is it original or an addition?

Anyone have a 1985 catalog hanging around?

1985 Fat Chance Kicker Comp

Blurb from 1985 Catalog:

1985 FAT CHANCE KICKER COMP
27lbs.
Bikes Produced 225
Price $925.00
Kicker Frame
Custom Unicrown Fork
Rear Roller Cam Brak
Bio Pace
Hite-Rite