My '89 Wicked Restoration

afterbang

Finished my build today! My '89 Wicked Restoration

Hey guys.

Just got my frameset back today and I am really happy with the color of it. I think the decals contrast really well with the green. I was never too keen on any of the factory colors and I thought this light green seemed to fit well with the year of the bike.

It was a pain trying to get the decals lined up but I think it came out pretty well. The left side could be a bit straighter but I know I'm just being stupid about it. Tomorrow I hope to have time to run to my folks house since every bicycle tool imaginable is over there.

Hope you guys like it.

IMG_4753.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

IMG_4757.jpg

IMG_4758.jpg

Last edited:

afterbang

Oh, and does anyone have any tips on how to attach the plastic cable guide that goes in the bottom bracket shell? I was thinking about drilling it out off my other bike and riveting it onto this frame.

I don't know what size rivet to use and if someone has any other ideas, that'd be awesome if you could let me know.

jpicard616

I haven't looked at a Wicked up close, but I'm pretty sure that they (and most other bikes with this cable routing) had a pre-drilled and threaded hole in the bb shell just to hold the plastic cable guide. Never seen a riveted one before, but I guess that doesn't mean they don't exist. Take a closer look at the one on your other bike first and make sure it isn't attached with a small screw before you tamper with your freshly painted Fat. My bet is that it will unscrew and fit nicely on your wicked with a 5mm phillips head screw.

tvcreative

mine has a rivet. but I would consider running a tap in the hole and replace with a screw if the plastic is sturdy enough with a screw that wide. I am sure others have experience here....

I-ROBOT

I believe we did rivet them at the Somerville factory. You could use an aluminum rivet but I would recommend stainless steel
Nice color on the frame!!
I did a Yo in metallic light green like that. Looked awesome in the sun
Regards
Scott