93 Yo! - Suspension Corrected?

colker

i remeber reading on the 94 catalogue that the frames were susp corrected. by looking at the pics from the bikes and the forks being like 50mm of travel then.... it does not mean much.

rody

A 93 could go either way if produced late in the year as the 94 model line was designed corrected for 63mm suspension.

Regardless, I would not suggest putting an 80mm fork on your Yo.

With the increased axel to crown length your head angle will be reduced, slowing steering and increasing wheel flop...yucky mix for you happy trail rides.

cheers,

rody

mcgurme

Stay away from susp

I agree with Rody.

I tried an 80mm Marzocchi, brand new, on my '91 Yo. Nice fork. But it made the handling of my pre-suspension ride all weird. It turned slowly, and the front end was too high so didn't stay on the ground when climbing. It also liked to "flop over".

Rody built me up a nice rigid fork to original specs. I recently installed it...what a difference! Yes, my wrists take a bit of a pounding. But to me, it's worth it... the bike handles like it was meant to now. As someone else on MTBR said, it's nearly "telepathic".

Morgan

colker

A 93 could go either way if produced late in the year as the 94 model line was designed corrected for 63mm suspension.

Regardless, I would not suggest putting an 80mm fork on your Yo.

With the increased axel to crown length your head angle will be reduced, slowing steering and increasing wheel flop...yucky mix for you happy trail rides.

cheers,

rody

hmmm.. my wicked is 93. how would i know if it's late in the year? yeah. i won't. i will have to ride another one and compare.

CTYankee

hmmm.. my wicked is 93. how would i know if it's late in the year? yeah. i won't. i will have to ride another one and compare.

My 93 wicked lite is serial number 237W39 and is not suspension corrected. The originator of this site (whose name escapes me at the moment) also had a 93 wicked lite and his bike was suspension corrected. His number was about 100 higher - I could probably dig up his serial number if really necessary.

We came to those conclusions because I purchased mine new as a leftover because it was not suspension corrected and the other bike was purchased new with a suspension fork (painted to match the frame). Not a failsafe analysis, but probably accurate.

Hope this helps.

CTYankee