Cook Bros RSR 176-180mm Turquoise cranks

Stingercut

Hoping the Fat community can help a brother out with a set of these. Looking for ex cond set threads and tapers all clean. Good price paid ;) Cash waiting or can also trade. Got some nice parts. Let me know what you need.

PM me.

:)

DocChill

I saw these ones on eBay.com today... I know it's not the RSR, but maybe it helps :)!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingercut

I saw these ones on eBay.com today... I know it's not the RSR, but maybe it helps :)!

Cheers for the heads up but I only have eyes for the RSRs ! In the process of getting my 3DVs reanodised turquoise now, so fingers crossed they will turn out nice. Always a shame to do this as 3DV is coming back into fashion but...needs must ! ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingercut

Hi Stinger,

in the german IBC-Forum is somebody, who sells a lot of RSR Cranks... sorry, I wasn't fast enough, a turquoise one is already gone :(. The seller lives near my hometown - I also bought parts from him in the past. Maybe that helps: http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/verkaufe-teilchen.759310/

Cheers,
Daniel

Thanks for the heads up Daniel :beer::beer:
That seller has an Aladdins cave of goodies ! :eek::eek::eek: I sent him a message but too late. I knew I should have studied German instead of French at school :(

Stingercut

Much as I hate to admit defeat, lost 4 of these now :( and its seems wrong to reanodised a mint set of 3DVs.... I have now shipped it off to be done. This is what they look like...let's see what happens when they return. Asked the anodiser to seal up the pins and bolt with rubber to protect them against corrosion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 16

Stingercut

I have a very nice pair of TNT cranks in turquoise if it helps...

Thanks for the offer Rick...my heart is set on the CBRs though...anyway my 3DV set are off for a skin peel and new woad tattoo. These have been the hardest part to get hold of...when they do come up its gone in 60 seconds !

Stingercut

And now it's turquoise ....the question is ?

Should I keep the subtle logo etching as is or go the full hog re-etching it back ? Love the look of the cranks now. Think il get another set done :beer::beer:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 18

Stingercut

Yes, they're looking really cool... :)! I think I've to do the same with my red Ringlé Mobypost :beer:. Who has made the anodisation?!

Cheers,
Daniel

You know what Daniel....you can wait a loooong time trying to find an original mint/NOS turquoise Ringle post in that size and even if you do, the chances are it will be a crazy price.

I used http://www.a1-anodising.co.uk at acost of £20 !! Plus shipping both ways. The technique of glass etching the logo back on after reanodisation is a fairly simple job. I don't think I will bother etching these cranks though, as the subtle logo looks great as is :)

Good luck with it and don't forget the pics ;)

Last edited:

DocChill

...that sounds really I cool - many, many thanks for your soon answer! I will contact them in the next days ;)!

Best regards and a nice, sunny weekend to you!

Cheers,
Daniel

Chris

You know what Daniel....you can wait a loooong time trying to find an original mint/NOS turquoise Ringle post in that size and even if you do, the chances are it will be a crazy price.

I used http://www.a1-anodising.co.uk at acost of £20 !! Plus shipping both ways. The technique of glass etching the logo back on after reanodisation is a fairly simple job. I don't think I will bother etching these cranks though, as the subtle logo looks great as is :)

Good luck with it and don't forget the pics ;)

The spider and cranks are completely different grades of aluminium and anodise completely differently, that's why the spider and arms are different colours. Any colour except black will be like this.

To blast the logos perfectly on top of the remaining laser etching would be very very hard.

I have bead blasted other Cook Bros cranks though. I can do it for £20 per pair. f type logo £25.

The black ones were a pain to do!
The purples ones aren't blasted, the logo is anodised on, but look similar when blasted. The picture looks like it has had the colours modified.
image.jpg

image60c1a.jpg