New Yo

Vagante

Well I took the plunge today. I'll plunk down a deposit on a new Yo Eddy. It will be chameleon green without the fade. The new Yo will sit side-by-side with my 1986 Fat Chance which I bought new. I think I got my money's worth out of it and hope to do so with the new Yo Eddy.

Vagante

congrats! You will love it.

What your you going to build it up with?

Basic build kit but upgrades to Shimano XT, Rigid fork, Chameleon Green without the fade. Undecided on some of the other options but will discuss with Chris in the "consultative call".

I am excited about this........:icecream:

Vagante

I had my consultative called today with Chris on the build of my new Yo Eddy. It was via teleconference call and that was very cool. I have to tell you that this is an organized well-oiled machine. Chris was very attentive to all the details on the frame but there was a very quick follow-up with some of his assistants regarding other parts of the build such as gearing and other details. Everyone is very quick to respond to my questions about options and details. Although it is early in the game I am extremely impressed with how the new Fat Chance company operates. I can't wait for this little work of art to be completed and delivered.

dubya

I had my consultative called today with Chris on the build of my new Yo Eddy. It was via teleconference call and that was very cool. I have to tell you that this is an organized well-oiled machine. Chris was very attentive to all the details on the frame but there was a very quick follow-up with some of his assistants regarding other parts of the build such as gearing and other details. Everyone is very quick to respond to my questions about options and details. Although it is early in the game I am extremely impressed with how the new Fat Chance company operates. I can't wait for this little work of art to be completed and delivered.

How long was it from order date to your call from Chris? I too ordered one today, a 27.5+ Aquafade

Vagante

Wow good for you. What a great color. Agonized over the chameleon green or the aqua fade. It is absolutely a knockout color. Expect the wait to be about three to four months. I did not have an ETA on my bike but that is probably what it's going to end up being. I will tell you this though that Kellan and all the other people involved in the build of your bike will be most attentive in all the minutiae of the details. I am very impressed and I could care less if it takes an extra 30 to 60 days . I know they are taking care of me. I'm asking for all sorts of unusual detail to keep the bike old school and they are absolutely responsive to every request that I make down to the pedals and handlebars. Trust me this is worth every penny. These guys are great

Bottom line count on four months....

Last edited:

dubya

I really like the Sapphire Fade but already have a vintage yo in that color. I'd love the splatter paint on a white frame, and may go that route depending on extra cost. It sounds like I'll have plenty of time to save for and build up a nice Chris King hubbed wheelset.

Stingercut

Some incredible bikes released at Sea Otter. Very amising video with Charlie Kelly, Joe Breeze and Chris. Its great to finally hear these legends speak and appreciate what 'characters' they really are :cool::beer::beer:

DocChill

FAT CHANCE at Sea Otter Classic 2017

Its great to finally hear these legends speak and appreciate what 'characters' they really are :cool::beer::beer:
Nothing to add :beer:! Click' here to find the way to the mentioned video ;)! Additonal stories about the last weekend at Sea Otter Classic and great pictures are available by the german BIKE Magazin, by the american Singletrack Magazine and by the well known BIKERUMOR! Blog!

18056466_656461931207281_3054458473847226517_o.jpg

18056199_656461894540618_2297434183726675919_o.jpg

18055670_656462007873940_7532333414242499270_o.jpg

Happy reading -
Best regards & cheers,
Daniel :)

dubya

Basic build kit but upgrades to Shimano XT, Rigid fork, Chameleon Green without the fade. Undecided on some of the other options but will discuss with Chris in the "consultative call".

I am excited about this........:icecream:

Did you order as a complete bike straight from Fat Chance?

I switched my order from 27.5+ to a normal 27.5 after I saw that the rigid fork wasn't an option with the + frame. My consultation call is scheduled for one week from today and I'm just ordering the frame, fork, Thomson stem and King headset. Have a XT M8000 group, brakes and wheelset I'm building it with.

Vagante

I ordered the complete bike. Everything. They were quite helpful in finding what I wanted including the accessories........seat, pedals and the titanium water bottle cages made by an ex Fat Chance employee

I-ROBOT

Those titanium bottle cages are made by none other than Ron Andrews! Ron was a mechanical engineer and machinist who created a lot of the early tooling used to produce Fat bikes. He was a Pro class racer as well and did well in the early NORBA series races. He left Fat City (around 1990? maybe) to strike out on his own. He and his wife settled in Durango, CO and he started his own business King Cage.

His brother Ross worked at Merlin for a while but I don't know where he is now or what he is doing.

Best of luck with the new Fat

Scott