1987/88 seatpost collar?!

RasJOEY

Hey guys
I'm hoping this will be a simple one.... I lost my seat post collar for my 1987(maybe 88) fat chance. Everything is built just can't find the seatpost collar, once I do it will be ready for the first ride. Not looking for anything g crazy, just the right size and comparable with that eyelet.

1) does anyone know the proper collar to buy to fit this bike? Right now my bike shop put a temporary one on, but it doesn't fit that little eyelet behind the post.

2) if someone has one laying around for sale I would love to buy it from you.

Please let me know, this is super frustrating after all of the parts I had to collect to for the build the seatpost clamp was one that I had when I started.....but lost. Again I'm pretty sure it's an 87 Fat City Fat Chance.

Thanks guy!
Joey

RasJOEY

salsa has a collar that will fit. DKG also and it's even stronger.

Ok that's the same info I found on another thread here, do you know which DKG or Salsa collar will fit? I have a salsa Lip Lock in storage, would this be one that fits?

Thanks- any more info would be awesome
Joey

colker

Both lip lock and flip lock will work w/ that tab on your seat tube. They do have a smaller than i would like bolt, 5mm i guess.
DKG used to sell a mountain collar which had a thicker bolt.
Easier to find the salsa. It's what i have in my wicked.

RasJOEY

I just got one of the quick release ones straight from DKG- doesn't fit. It has a lip on the collar that keeps it from sliding low enough to line up that eyelet/tab with the QR bolt....the search continues. Do I need to ask DKG for a specific version or something?

Stingercut

Original FCC /BMX ones can be found on the net. They are deeper section and the bolt is lower down in alignment with the loop ;) I found this Sakae BMX one in Japan and its a
perfect fit.

Attachments

• IMG_9491.JPG
    IMG_9491.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9492.JPG
    IMG_9492.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 13

RasJOEY

Original FCC /BMX ones can be found on the net. They are deeper section and the bolt is lower down in alignment with the loop ;) I found this Sakae BMX one in Japan and its a
perfect fit.

Yep that's exactly what I need- thank you ! Do you know what size that is- 28.6mm? I found this one on eBay and think it's gonna work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/322096245962

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.