Frame Spec Decal

Stingercut

I have never seen this recent pic up decal before. Can anybody enlighten me as to when they were first used and on which models please ? :confused:

Attachments

• 9A0C1F70-9430-4DCD-B12D-E467C067D67A.jpeg
    9A0C1F70-9430-4DCD-B12D-E467C067D67A.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 27

mainlyfats

Hummmm...The design looks like it could be NY era but to be honest the actual decal ( purportedly made in the US) looks kinda home made. Wondering if i got spoofed :redface:

Did Gil sell it to you? It has his odd serifed font in CITY CYCLES. Slightly different from the Velocals font and different still from the SSInk restoration decals.

Stingercut

Did Gil sell it to you? It has his odd serifed font in CITY CYCLES. Slightly different from the Velocals font and different still from the SSInk restoration decals.

I dont know who originally supplied it, if not FCC. The German seller told me he sourced it from the US. I know Gil’s decals are fantastic. Its a pretty looking decal but not Gil quality. I have just never seen it before.

Stingercut

TBH no. I love the look of the decal, i’m just not convinced its factory original. :kissyface

Can anybody shed further light on this ?

I-ROBOT

I think its from the first time that Chris used True Temper tubing, maybe 1985? Before my time, but looks vaguely familiar. Don't have any of those to corroborate though
Scott