New on forums; old to Fats -- Question/Opinion

Upchuck

I have to say I really liked it. It was totally different. BUT!!!! NO WAY am I trading my YO! for it. I rode with UpChuck here on the boards; great time. Like I said, I wouldn't mind having a full suspension bike, and this seems like a nice one, but I wouldn't give up my Fat Chance for it.

Thanks for all the advice.

--jim
Well I will say, I was a little concerned for a while there during our ride. The look on your face said "me likey full suspension". Nothing wrong with that. Just glad to hear the Fat is staying in the hands of the original owner.

Just don't tell the Giant owner how much we badgered you to keep it. He may not be too happy if/when we meet on the trail.;)

So now all we need to do is round up the rest of the vintage owners in the area and start a monthly old-timer's group ride.

jh4rt

Well I will say, I was a little concerned for a while there during our ride. The look on your face said "me likey full suspension". Nothing wrong with that. Just glad to hear the Fat is staying in the hands of the original owner.

Just don't tell the Giant owner how much we badgered you to keep it. He may not be too happy if/when we meet on the trail.;)

So now all we need to do is round up the rest of the vintage owners in the area and start a monthly old-timer's group ride.

Hee hee. I have to admit, it made me a better rider, but it was too easy, right? I need to earn my stripes.

did you look at the levers on my fat in the pictures above? Are those the ones you are looking for?

Thanks again for the ride. Can't wait to do it again.

-j

Upchuck

Hee hee. I have to admit, it made me a better rider, but it was too easy, right? I need to earn my stripes.

did you look at the levers on my fat in the pictures above? Are those the ones you are looking for?

-j
Those look like XTR V-brake levers. I need M730 canti levers from around 1988. Fortunately I just received an email this morning from someone who's willing to sell. WOOHOO! The TimberComp lives!

colker

-j

btw.. why do you need the travel agent on the rear v brake? those are used to adapt canti levers to V brakes. or am i out of the loop here?