new shox on a Yo

fat-tony

Staff member
What am I up against by putting a 80 mm of travel Marzocchi 2007 WC SL Corsa suspension fork in place of a Rock Shox on my Yo. I found one that was a special run from the factory with a 1 inch steerer tube. My frame is sussy corrected geometry.

Will this thing handle okay?

colker

What am I up against by putting a 80 mm of travel Marzocchi 2007 WC SL Corsa suspension fork in place of a Rock Shox on my Yo. I found one that was a special run from the factory with a 1 inch steerer tube. My frame is sussy corrected geometry.

Will this thing handle okay?

from everything i read form guys putting marz Z2s on old yo eddys i say it will ride even better.

IF52

My 95 IF, which would be similar to a Yo! of the same age had an EFC on it from day one and it was fine. It now has a 440mm axle to crown Spicer fork and other than the fact that the fork is flexy it has a nice ride.

And that Spicer fork will go away soon.

rody

Tony,

I believe your frame is sus corrected to 63mm, is it not?

Even if it is, by putting the 80mm fork on it, you'll only be slackening the HT angle by 1 degree, a change that many feel makes the Yo respond with more control and suppleness.

Worst case scenario, you don't like it and take it off ;)

cheers,

rody

fat-tony

Staff member
Thanks Ya'll.

I'll probably give it a try. I am no true weight weenie, but the fork seems a little heavy to me at 3.3 pounds. From what I read the performance is suppose to be pretty good once you get it dialed in correctly.

IF52

Thanks Ya'll.

I'll probably give it a try. I am no true weight weenie, but the fork seems a little heavy to me at 3.3 pounds. From what I read the performance is suppose to be pretty good once you get it dialed in correctly.

How has the fork worked out? From what I understand you maybe can reduce the travel on that fork by moving spacers around or something. I was able to do the same thing on a RS SID to get it down to 60ish mm travel.

fat-tony

Staff member
How has the fork worked out? From what I understand you maybe can reduce the travel on that fork by moving spacers around or something. I was able to do the same thing on a RS SID to get it down to 60ish mm travel.

I really didn't get to check it out. I placed it on the bike and before I could get it out on the trail, my Hippie Tech Sid came back in from haing some striction problems worked out and so I put it back on to test it out and that is how it is today. From a spin around the neighborhood I don't see where it would be much of an issue, but not the same as testing it on the singletrack.

It is heavier than my SID though.