Canti studs

Dr S

Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get replacement canti studs for my Yo fork and what size and thread pitch they are?? I have M10 and M8 in my tool box but neither will fit. The ones I have have all come from alloy suss forks and I guess are course thread.

Cheers
Si

lucifer

I got a pair for my nuke proof from a guy on ebay who makes ti ones. He had a range of threads at the time. It took two tries to get the right threading. Unfortunately I dont have a record of the transaction.

DC

Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get replacement canti studs for my Yo fork and what size and thread pitch they are?? I have M10 and M8 in my tool box but neither will fit. The ones I have have all come from alloy suss forks and I guess are course thread.

Cheers
Si

I don't know where to find them, but I believe they are 5/16th x 18tpi. IIRC Can-o-ale used this size frequently in the past also.

DC

Dr S

Thanks DC. i will call my local framebuilder in the morning and see if he can help out.

Si

I-ROBOT

The outer thread on the bottom of the canti stud is an Acme thread. I don't recall here at my desk if they are 5/16" or 1/4". I think I may have a couple of them left at home. I can check the dimensions later and let you know.

According to my Machinery's Handbook, the 1/4" size has 16 threads per inch with a pitch of 0.0625. The 5/16" size has 14 threads per inch with a pitch of 0.0714.

Hope this helps
Scott Bengtson

Ronin 09

Hi all

Cheers
Si

Ahhh!

I have the same problem. I thought they were M8x1.5 but maybe they're not!?

Rody has milled some M8x1.5s for me, but have not yet arrived in the post (damn USPS/Australia Post).

Now Scott seems to think they are Imperial?

anyone got a spare pair I can grab off them (behind Dr S of course).

cheers