Fat paint jobs - Overview Thread

YoKris

Hey ya...

it took more than just one night to collect those pictures! ;) But I haven't found a comparable database yet! So...I tried to define and name them!

The Fat paint job overview you can find here!

Please let me know, if I matched one wrong.

By the way....I'm still looking for pictures of these paint jobs:
- Chameleon Bronze
- Chameleon Green
- Dahlia Blue
- Ferrous Metallica
- Hot Lava
- Raspberry Ice

cheers & Live slow, Ride fast, Think FAT

Chris

IF52

The sapphire metalic fade on the Monster I just acquired is different than the fade on the bike in your photos. I'll snap a pic later and post it up. Don't laugh at the fork when I do post a picture though.

YoKris

The sapphire metalic fade on the Monster I just acquired is different than the fade on the bike in your photos. I'll snap a pic later and post it up. Don't laugh at the fork when I do post a picture though.

Well...as we know, most of each single paint jobs differs to another. One reason why I'm loving FAT! Especially sapphire fade - the one pictured in my gallery differs to most of them. Mostly they did the fade from the bottom up. In this case from the back to the front (custom order I guess) - I should change this pic.

I'm not going to laugh...! ;)

cheers
//yo

IF52

I'd leave that picture up, just maybe describe it as not typical. It may have been custom or maybe the painted had a feather up his backside that day. We saw inconsistancy with paint jobs when we sold them. Some decals cleared over, others not. Longer fades on one bike compared to others. That kind of thing. One goofy thing I recall was when we ordered a Yo for a friend of mine. He wanted it in black with black decals for a stealthy look, and while Fat was willing to comply with his wishs they wouldn't apply the decals for some reason, but sent them loose with the frame so that we could apply them.

rody

Hey Kris,

can you email me...I've tried to drop you a line a couple of times but it keeps getting returned.

Now, back on topic...

I'd planned to get a listing of Fat paint codes up on the site so people would have an idea of what currently available paints can be used for restos, any interest?

cheers,

rody

IF52

Well yeah, of course. IIRC they used Imron right up until they moved from Somerville, yes? I seem to recall always giving them Imron paint codes when we ordered custom paint jobs on frames.

MikeyNYC

Well yeah, of course. IIRC they used Imron right up until they moved from Somerville, yes? I seem to recall always giving them Imron paint codes when we ordered custom paint jobs on frames.

Is this helpful? I think these are Imron codes that I got from a place called "The Color Factory" which does a lot of frame painting but from what I've heard is not actually that good for restoration work since most folks doing a resto are pretty picky ;)

FYI-My 1984 Fat Chance appears to be closest to color # 44481

Attachments

• Imron Colors side A.JPG
    Imron Colors side A.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 45
  • Imron Colors side B.JPG
    Imron Colors side B.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 38

YoKris

Hey Kris,

can you email me...I've tried to drop you a line a couple of times but it keeps getting returned.

Now, back on topic...

I'd planned to get a listing of Fat paint codes up on the site so people would have an idea of what currently available paints can be used for restos, any interest?

cheers,

rody

Hey Rody....

you got mail!

see ya

IF52

Sorry it took so long. Here is a mediocre picture of my sapphire fade Monster. This is the more typical sapphire fade I think

Attachments

• Monster-sm.JPG
    Monster-sm.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 44