Help Identifying Yo

bcplouffe

Hi Everyone,

Picked up a Yo with S/N FLE001
Very odd, does not seem to be standard Fat S/N. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Doug Carter

Staff member
Is that a FatLanta?

Rick, anyone? I don't think I have seen that style SN before. Looks like a one-off or custom. COuld be something special. I like the 001 part...

Got photos of it?

bcplouffe

Working on the photos

Couple of unique things:

Threaded BB Shell. Supposedly, this is a very early YO (1990-1991), I thought they were pressed in until 1995 or so

Also, from the brake bridge to the seatpost is an integrated, metal piece that is best described as the "Don't Tread On Me" Snake. Very unique, unlike anything I've seen before.

IF52

Is that a FatLanta?

Rick, anyone? I don't think I have seen that style SN before. Looks like a one-off or custom. COuld be something special. I like the 001 part...

Got photos of it?

Nope. The 3 Fatlantas had normal series serial numbers form 96.

2 of them are

#19/20 is YO S1181
#1/20 is YOM1185
And 20/20 size Large still hangs in Outback as far as I know. I don't know the serial number.

jbrannsten

Staff member
Threaded BB Shell. Supposedly, this is a very early YO (1990-1991), I thought they were pressed in until 1995 or so

They started using threaded BB late 1991 or so. I have a 1991 Monster with threaded BB and a 1991 Yo with pressed in BB.

I think you have everyones attention now, so please provide pics:)

bcplouffe

Updated With Pics

Here are a few more photos.

Attachments

• yo eddy_0011.jpg
    yo eddy_0011.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 105
  • yo eddy_0009.jpg
    yo eddy_0009.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 175
  • yo eddy_0007.jpg
    yo eddy_0007.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 114
  • yo eddy_0005.jpg
    yo eddy_0005.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 127

fat-tony

Staff member
Wasn't there an employee at FAT with the last name of Flemming or something, hence the FLEoo1 number? Could be an employee bike from the day?

Doug Carter

Staff member
Seriously cool frame. Sounds like an employee bike to me.

Very awesome! Are you going to restore it or build it up as-is?

jbrannsten

Staff member
Seems like a nice collection you have hanging in the background in one of the pics. Got any pics of those as well?

bcplouffe

Have quite a few Fats in various states of assembly:

-1996 Slim Chance
-1998 Chris Chance 'Cross Bike
-1995 Shock-A-Billy
-1989 Wicked
-1988 Wicked
-1991 Yo
-1991 Yo

Attachments

• ChrisChance copy.jpg
    ChrisChance copy.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Slim Chance copy.jpg
    Slim Chance copy.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 61
  • SaB_0185 copy.jpg
    SaB_0185 copy.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Wicked Fat Chance_0046.jpg
    Wicked Fat Chance_0046.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 67
  • Yo Eddy_0253.JPG
    Yo Eddy_0253.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:

DonH

Beautiful bikes - especially the cross bike!
I should have bought the yellow Yo Eddy from you....

bonsaii

Yo!

Damn, those dropouts are cool! Are they standard of the first frames or special designed for this particular FLE-frame? The seat tube gusset is supa-dupa-fly!!!

-bns

Doug Carter

Staff member
You can't post links to the Lightbox photos. Just upload them to your post using the "attachment" feature and they will show properly.

AB

I'd vote for an employee bike too - no rear canti cable guide, but early tooth pick mounts??? pretty strange. Your Chris Cross bike is really nice - I don't see those at all and that team violet Yo must be nice.

lucifer

Nope. The 3 Fatlantas had normal series serial numbers form 96.

2 of them are

#19/20 is YO S1181
#1/20 is YOM1185
And 20/20 size Large still hangs in Outback as far as I know. I don't know the serial number.

Still there as of two weeks ago. Shop looks like crap though. A complete pigsty.

IF52

Wasn't there an employee at FAT with the last name of Flemming or something, hence the FLEoo1 number? Could be an employee bike from the day?

Mike Flanagan. IIRC he was the guy who came up with and painted all of the early Team Violet bikes.

jtferraro

Pluffy...

Brian,

I saw JD today and told him about your new Yo. He said it does sound like a 'one off or employee bike', but said he really doesn't know for sure and that your best bet would be to contact former worker, Chris Inglehart. Re: 'FLE...' I too thought of Mike Flanigan but wouldn't that have been 'FLA...'? Anyway...I'd try to email Inglehart.

-Jeff