Glossy black YO Eddy

nader

it's ready to get dirty ;)

gyo55.jpg

gyo56.jpg

gyo57.jpg

nader

I enjoyed my first ride today! I am very positively surprised by the geometry which fits me perfectly.
I was afraid the stem would be too long, but it's not. The WI phantoms are fantastic, the Tioga Psychos run exceptionally well and better than Panaracer

I'm thrilled! :):)

gyo58.jpg

gyo59.jpg

gyo60.jpg

gyo61.jpg

gyo62.jpg

Greeting

colker

Is that a 135mm stem? It can't be any longer. It looks longer but .. i can't believe anyone can ride on a 0º 150mm stem.

tvcreative

I'm with Colker on this one...

it looks impossible to ride comfortably

Ringle...120 with 10 degree rise in silver or black would look dashing

colker

I'm with Colker on this one...

it looks impossible to ride comfortably

Ringle...120 with 10 degree rise in silver or black would look dashing

if Nader can drop steep chutes w/a 150mm 0º degree on a Yo , he is a bike handling God.
I say 130mm 10º salsa or ringle makes it perfect.

nader

No I am definitely not a bike handling God! For comfortably cruises I've got my Grello ;)

yo-eddy282.jpg

I thought the black Yo should be a bit sporty. As I said, yesterday I had absolutely no problem, but it was not a long trip!
I might try this one, it is a 1 zoll 100mm Kastan stem but ALU!! :(

kastan.jpg

Last edited:

afterbang

absolutely stunning. I cannot wait to be in your shoes... I look everyday for a frameset. Really like your wheelset. I have a vintage White Ind. crankset and hubs sitting in my garage. You've inspired me to break out the mother's and get em all shined up. Overall, an awesome build and I for one really dig your part selection.

Oh, and can't believe how clean those Cook Bros cranks are. I remember getting a set in blue with matching skewers for my 10th birthday from my dad. Still wish I had kept that old Stumpjumper around.

nader

Wish that you find a good frameset and can use the WI crankset and hubs properly again.
The parts as White Ind. or Cook Bros are the engineering marvel from past, very stable but really light as a feather.

nader

Today the first long trip on my glossy yo eddy ..it's perfect and the salsa stem will remain. ;)

few pics with my little camera :)

gyo63.jpg

gyo64.jpg

gyo66.jpg

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I've enjoyed watching the twists and turns as this build came together.

I have echo the others to say it looks like a shorter stem with more rise would suit you better--the saddle looks pretty far forward on the rails.

nader

I have echo the others to say it looks like a shorter stem with more rise would suit you better--the saddle looks pretty far forward on the rails.

well surely it will be with a shorter stem a bit more comfortable, but it really isn't as bad as it looks.
Moreover on such a bike you don't have to set like a grandpa ;):eek:

colker

well surely it will be with a shorter stem a bit more comfortable, but it really isn't as bad as it looks.
Moreover on such a bike you don't have to set like a grandpa ;):eek:
well... if you are riding bike paths and dirt roads, why not? once you take it on tech steep, slow, rutted, tight singletrack, where it belongs, you may want to slid back taht saddle and a short taller stem.

nader

I hate that stem. I may work well for a particular rider, but it looks dumb.
"That guy" is Tinker Juarez

1248821571920-qfippp5kja47-670-75.jpg

he once said, "Just stay a lifetime cyclist and as fit to be, that you can practically drive every stem"

..im one of these lifetime cyclist ;)
and take for the comfortable riding the grellow and for normal days the glossy black :p

gyo67.jpg

tvcreative

sorry nader i don't buy it...but I do give you props for trying to defend it.

The bike is beautiful even with that long A$$ stem

as the great FC catalogue states....

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I'm quite sure you couldn't hold tinker's lunch pail - in any competitive sense.

Last edited:

Chance Oviedo

Amazing

Nader, with your restoration skills, I wholesomely believe that you are a Demigod. Great job on yet another beautiful bike completed.

nader

... I wholesomely believe that you are a Demigod..

thanks mate :) ... yes maybe I am one, just hopefully in a positive way!

I don't understand why some people are against this beautiful salsa stem?

gyo68.jpg

ok it's a bit long but there should be people with long arms! ..nevertheless I have found me a shorter stem :p

nsalsa.jpg

(the decals will be replaced by white)

WOODNICKLE

Nice Bike!

Nice build! I need to post my pics. I have essentially the same parts pick on my Black Buck Shaver. I do have the Ti syncros post, I converted it to SS with Phil High flange hubs, and have polished cooks cranks, king etc. I had the WI hubs w/Ti axles, and switched to the steel axles after wearing the ti out. Hubs were great, just didn't last. I have a -5 deg. 100mm salsa stem if your interested, it has good paint, but the multi colored logo. Photos soon!

-Jeromy