Whats the deal?

smittylube

SO I have a new FS carbon santa cruz. it is killer- but I still ride my wicked. SO I'm riding today and find I go pretty much just as fast on it even with the judy on the front that feels like hell, and v brakes that dont give me any confidence coming off disc..
But the wicked just rails on the single track. It just feels so killer in the 'roller coaster' sections of fremont older where I do my morning rides, the HT pedals great up hills...

This bike still blows me away at how well it rides.. I just need to get my franken fork going :)

Steve

smittylube

No frankenfork yet. I put the Judy back on. The bio was way stiff on the bumps on the trails. I still want to fly downHill and where I ride, they have horses also. They screw up the trail like you can't believe. I love the bio on everything else. And I am going to put it back on soon.

DC

The bio was way stiff on the bumps on the trails. I still want to fly downHill and where I ride, they have horses also. They screw up the trail like you can't believe. I love the bio on everything else. And I am going to put it back on soon.

Have you seen the pics of the 2.6 Kenada Kinetic DH tire I tried on my pre-susp corrected Yo fork? (thread titled: "It's huge but it fits") You would have even more clearance on your BOI, mmm pneumatic suspension! That thing rode like butter on hot toast!
Seriously though, I could understand why you'd want some boing, those horses can really destroy the flow of a good trail.
Glad your are still diggin' the Wicked! (whatever fork you use)

Last edited:

proto2000

Z2

Smittylube, how about trying a Marzocchi Z2. I have one you can try only, not for sale. I also have a MAG 21 you can try, both have to be better than a Judy, have one of those too. I'm close by and ride ST a lot when I'm home.

mainlyfats

SO I have a new FS carbon santa cruz. it is killer- but I still ride my wicked. SO I'm riding today and find I go pretty much just as fast on it even with the judy on the front that feels like hell, and v brakes that dont give me any confidence coming off disc..
But the wicked just rails on the single track. It just feels so killer in the 'roller coaster' sections of fremont older where I do my morning rides, the HT pedals great up hills...

This bike still blows me away at how well it rides.. I just need to get my franken fork going :)

Steve

As the Brits say - Horses for courses (ie: right tool for the right job). You probably won't find a better bike cruising around or for buff single track than your Wicked (esp. rigid), but for harsher trails, really significant elevation changes or endurance events you've got your SC waiting to do it right.