Rookie

mellowracer

HI to all of you...

during the last couple of weeks I spent a lot time here reading trough as much stuff as I was able to...learned sooo much and totally love it.

I'm livin' in the south of germany...and Fats are somewhat a memory of childhood and teenage days.
My dad used to have a Yo Eddy back in the day and I do own a 1989 Wicked (sorry no pics available for the moment).

The Eddy got stolen looong time before I even dreamt of asking my dad to give it to me. It was metallic blue...if this is the right color name.

Nevertheless now I have the opportunity to get my hands on a early 90's Yo Eddy with original fork. Size would suit me perfectly...the bike was once metallic blue, too...but got powder coated into a Grello some time ago. It never received any decals after that paint job...and he aks for 350Euro (something about 470$)...

I really really hope that it is not too selfish for an introduction to ask for your advice if this price is somewhat realistic or not. It will need the decals and some timely correct parts...it's a nice ride nonetheless.

Of course I'll show and share some pics of my Wicked asap :)

oh...and thanks so much for your help

mellowracer

Syborg

Welcome to Fatcogs. The Yo is then a real bargain at that price. Decals are currently on eBay or at the IBC forum from Yokris or Gil also from the UK retro bike forum. I'm looking forward to the pictures of your Wicked.
Greetings from Syborg, also from the good old Germany.

mellowracer

Hi guys...

first of all... thanks so much for all your supporting comments...had to wait till tonight, but now the DEAL is MADE. :redface:...pending on the seller keeping his promise

So right now I really really hope everything works out fine...and the YO will surely need some work...I'm excited as I havn't taken a bike apart yet...but I'm really looking forward to.

Welcome to Fatcogs. The Yo is then a real bargain at that price. Decals are currently on eBay or at the IBC forum from Yokris or Gil also from the UK retro bike forum. I'm looking forward to the pictures of your Wicked.
Greetings from Syborg, also from the good old Germany.

I missed the ones on ebay.co.uk last night...my little boy kept me busy reading some night tales...but, can there be something more important?:)

Thanks for the hints...I'll check the other ones mentioned asap.

Great price as mentioned , set of decals will cost around

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

snaps

Sounds like a steal although...

you sure thats not your dads old bike?

during the last couple of weeks I spent a lot time here reading trough as much stuff as I was able to...learned sooo much and totally love it.

I'm livin' in the south of germany...and Fats are somewhat a memory of childhood and teenage days.
My dad used to have a Yo Eddy back in the day and I do own a 1989 Wicked (sorry no pics available for the moment).

The Eddy got stolen looong time before I even dreamt of asking my dad to give it to me. It was metallic blue...if this is the right color name.

Nevertheless now I have the opportunity to get my hands on a early 90's Yo Eddy with original fork. Size would suit me perfectly...the bike was once metallic blue, too...but got powder coated into a Grello some time ago. It never received any decals after that paint job...and he aks for 350Euro (something about 470$)...

I really really hope that it is not too selfish for an introduction to ask for your advice if this price is somewhat realistic or not. It will need the decals and some timely correct parts...it's a nice ride nonetheless.

Of course I'll show and share some pics of my Wicked asap :)

oh...and thanks so much for your help

mellowracer[/QUOTE]

mellowracer

you sure thats not your dads old bike?

;)...it's surely not...there's still the original bill from the time he bought it...

but somehow there would be some kind of bittersweet irony coming with your statement...and since my dad passed away some time ago and if his bike would show up somewhere these days I'd definitly go for it...even if I would have to pay for it...

but this is going to be a ride I'll enjoy for itself and for the memories it brings back.:p