New FAT Chance Bicycles

fat-tony

Staff member
This is the category to post up those great new 2016 FAT Chance Bicycles frames and bikes that Fatcog members have been receiving from their recent orders. Please share here. :beer:

DocChill

Yo Eddy 2.0

Hi FATfans,

my frame has been shipped yesterday - can't wait to hold it with my own hands!

Cheers,
Daniel

DocChill

Yo Eddy...

...is back ;)! I really love the frame:

2001943-iglwd3f8t1uv-fatchanceyoeddy2_0no_ay7s03514-large.jpg

Nearly 25 years later, when I saw a Yo Eddy in grello the first time, I got my own one - what could be better :)?!

Cheers & best regards,
Daniel

Bulleidawg

I am shocked and a little disappointed at the lack of detailed ride reports/reviews of these bikes from both owners and the mountain bike press. The return was a much-publlicized event, yet crickets when it comes to the actual bikes.

Come on people!

DocChill

...built-on maybe around spring 2017!

I am shocked and a little disappointed at the lack of detailed ride reports/reviews of these bikes from both owners and the mountain bike press. The return was a much-publlicized event, yet crickets when it comes to the actual bikes.

Come on people!
...my one will be built-on maybe around spring 2017 at the earliest - firstly I have to save enough money to buy all these necessary components :(! The frame was expensive enough. I have two young children - please understand that my preferences are a bit different at the moment :beer:!

Cheers,
Daniel

Stingercut

There have been a few ride reviews on FB. The concensus is that they have a lively ride, handle superbly through twisty single track and in many ways ride like the original Yos, which is a good thing. Iirc these reviews were of 27.5 not 29rs and top quality steel always ride so well.

I'm hoping for a full susser from them.

DocChill

The one, the only...

...some more pics of my new "baby":

2001946-y2ld0rraaskm-fatchanceyoeddy2_0no_ay7s03517-large.jpg

2001945-qgd20mjehjsr-fatchanceyoeddy2_0no_ay7s03516-large.jpg

2001944-6mlx9lwu8opc-fatchanceyoeddy2_0no_ay7s03515-large.jpg

2001947-ty43yinh3tc1-fatchanceyoeddy2_0no_ay7s03518-large.jpg

...I'm really happy, that I got one of the first new Yo Eddy's ;)!

Cheers,
Daniel

wesintl

I think it rides really well. I'll admit though i have not really "ridden" too many 29'rs to really tell them apart. What I can say is mine rides well, tracks well, feels good and is pretty lively. I've ridden some fairly tight single track that has a lot of turns. 29rs like to roll and in tight single track it's harder to transition the bike back and forth. Also slow speed rolling isn't that great. probably better than most. This is somewhat nitpicking and I don't think this is particular to the new Yo's, it's 29rs in general.

It's a Fat though. Has same feels and tracking and riding characteristics as those that came before.

I would like to get a 27.5 next.

Last edited:

SMR

Purple 27.5 on the way

Should receive my purple (same color as the one on the blog) 27.5, size large in a month or so. I will post pics when I receive it. I saw that purple frame and said I gotta have one of those. Can't wait to get back on a steel hardtail. This will be my 1st Fat Chance.

Stingercut

Should receive my purple (same color as the one on the blog) 27.5, size large in a month or so. I will post pics when I receive it. I saw that purple frame and said I gotta have one of those. Can't wait to get back on a steel hardtail. This will be my 1st Fat Chance.

They are addictive :beer::beer:

DocChill

The buildup of my Yo Eddy 2.0...

...needs time, but takes form step by step:

2101832-20i83rva8yf2-fatchanceyoeddy2_0no_ay7s03537-large.jpg

2141350-asm7a5lizese-fatchanceyoeddy2_0no_ay7s03537-large.jpg

Currently we are working on the wheelset (black Shimano XT-Hubs, DT Revolution Spokes in silver, combined with black DT Pro-Lock Nipples and Mavic XC 821 rims). I prefer a classic look to make a bow to the colourful 90s-era :beer:!!!

More pics will come as soon as it gets ;)!

Maybe you like it -
cheers, Daniel

DocChill

Really great...

...that you guys like the buildup until now ;)! For me it's a late completion of a childhood dream :beer:! Here you'll find the complete album so far...

Cheers,
Daniel