rear brake studs

77classic

I talked to the guys @ IF today, and they have a company that will make them canti studs in the proper dimensions for FATs. I'll post more info after I get the call back with pricing.

77classic

no update yet..And I've sent a few e-mails to IF, with no result...
these little critters will be harder to find than I thought...

77classic

The cannondale dealer could not get items by that part number.
But, I got my pair in the mail from IF today.. :D
looks like the Diacompe ones got made after all..going to install them NOW.

ridefat

Awesome news! My local cannondale dealer ordered up a bag of these canti studs for me (sold only in bags of 10) and the whole bag is only eight bucks (retail!) plus freight. I'll post again when they arrive to let all know whether or not they fit my '94 Yo. I do know that my '94 Yo uses different bosses AND plates than my '93 Ti, so they're bound to fit one of them!

Ciao/Bryan

ridefat

Bummer....

The studs came in from Cannondale yesterday and they did not fit the Yo... they were too small in diameter. After quite an exhaustive effort, I have come to the conclusion and want to make sure that everyone is aware that each FC model could have used a canti boss stud size that was unique, and further each model year could have been different. So that being the case, what do you do when you need these things? Does anyone have the records of what was used? I've gotten through to Wendyll and she claims to have them, but she must be very busy. It's gotten to the point now where she won't even respond to my emails. I am frustrated! I have this frame sitting in my basement that I can't ride or even build! Can anyone help a brotha out?

br

ridefat

I am very curious to find out if the ones you receive from C-dale will fit. I referenced the part number provided in this forum, and while C-dale found that number in their system, they said their was now a new number - of which I don't have. Either way, they didn't work. So I will try them to find the bosses that are said to fit a mid-ninetees C-dale MTB and see if they reference a different item. Thanks/Bryan.

wynne.74

I just got some new canti studs from IF for my planet X frame. They are M10s and I've discovered that they also fit my Buckshaver. Not sure if that helps anyone, but at least it might give some clue as to which frames had the M10s.

When I needed a new canti stud for the Buckshaver a couple of years back I took the remaining one to a machine shop and they charged me about

Bssc

get me pitch , length of threads, and over all length I see what I have around available. I literately have hundreds of studs but no longer remember what they go to. I guess i should have labeled them but alas I would have looked like a sissy out at the races doing support.

IF52

This probably doesn't help anybody, but the studs on my very early IF are M10 x 1.5 pitch. I suspect that is the same diameter and pitch as the last Somerville Fats since the first Deluxes were basically patterned after Yos without being a direct copy. I'll see if I can pull a stud out of my Monster tonight and measure it. Only if it comes out easily though.