Bob's Yo...back from dreary land :)

rody

Hey guys,

After some requests from Coggers and VRC guys, Bob gave his blessings to share the pics of his Yo resto.

Bob's Yo came to me after a bit of a hard life, the luster of the original paint gone and a few additions had been made to the frame that did not benefit it.

At some point in it's life, some rack mounts had been crudely welded on the stays, undercutting the base material and causing a weak spot in the frame. All this lovelyness was then covered with a powder blue rattle can jobby.

The goal for us was to remove the rack mounts, clean up the mess, and give her a new finish to match the Gulf Stream racing colors, all while bringing a smile to Bob's face.

The aftermath of the rack mounts was not pretty...the original work had left three gaping holes in the material where too much heat had been used during welding and burned through the stays. Some patient tig work and a little 56% silver closed these up good as new.

New bearings and collars, a new headset, and a good bit of patience on Bobs behalf, the YO is ready to rock!

Check her out...

Attachments

• Bob 5 small.jpg
    Bob 5 small.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Bob 1 small.jpg
    Bob 1 small.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Bob 2 small.jpg
    Bob 2 small.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Bob 3 small.jpg
    Bob 3 small.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Bob 4 small.jpg
    Bob 4 small.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 14

rody

a few more pics...

more...

Attachments

• Bob 4 small.jpg
    Bob 4 small.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Bob 7 small.jpg
    Bob 7 small.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 20
  • bob 8 small.jpg
    bob 8 small.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 28

d3f3nd3r

I really really like this. The Gulf GT40 was my favorite racing paint scheme, fitting it ends up on my favorite ride. Kudo's, great work.