Is there, was there a 1991 catalogue for FC?

tvcreative

I have to admit I am newer to the game - but is there, was there a 1991 catalogue created for FATs?

If so where can I get a PDF?

is there a prototypical build list for a TEAM/YO?

thanks

Jim

I-ROBOT

We did a brochure every year to the best of my knowledge so there should be one for 1991:confused: Unfortunately I lost most of the stuff I had while moving to Maine in 2003 so I can't remember what it may have looked like.

Scott

CTYankee

Interesting because I thought I included a 1991 brochure when I shipped my 91 Yo to the UK.

See my post of 1/22/10 (couldn't figure out how to link it) - there is a picture of the alleged 1991 brochure. One of my comments was the brochure has a picture of the grello Yo - it is the second picture on the page.

The 1990 brochure at the link provided in the thread shows the Yo in a different color and the fourth picture down if I recall. Or I'm just old and totally confused so early in the morning.

Maybe there were actually 2 different postcard brochures - one for 1990 and one for 1991.

tvcreative

Thanks

The Catalogue in CTyankee's post is definitely different...the Grello pic is the tip off. I have searched high and low and this is the first offering i have seen -- in a year long hunt.

I guess the Holy Grail does exist....

Run away run away (a little Python reference)

CTYankee

Thanks for the link Tony - I think that's the second time you've helped me with a link!

I found some more pictures of the alleged 1991 brochure. I'm sure I have a 1990 brochure kicking around somewhere - I'll post some similar pictures when I find it. As noted above, I no longer have physical possession of the 1991 brochure.

Attachments

• P1020084.JPG
    P1020084.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 17
  • P1020085.JPG
    P1020085.JPG
    350.1 KB · Views: 32
  • P1020086.JPG
    P1020086.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 15

tvcreative

I am sure his CTyankee's is 1991, I blew up the image.

and it says 91 in the body copy for monster fat

"Our 1991 Monster is better than ever...."

This is the one brochure missing from most bike archivists collection...retrobike etc, and many of these sites indicate that 1991 does not exist....

it would be great if one of these bad boys finally showed up and was scanned as a PDF for collectors and the like...

thanks

Jim

I-ROBOT

My favorite brochure of all!!

It's a parody of the postcard strip that you would find in many tourist traps. That one happened to be from the Adirondacks (eerily prophetic). The guy on the tricycle getting written up by the kid cop is Dan Dennen who is my now former brother-in-law who worked for a couple of years at Fat City as the machinist. If there ever was a trials class for guys over 230 pounds, he would win hands down! I don't remember who the kid was.

The tower is at Prospect Hill which is considered to be the site of the first flying of the American flag in 1776. The tower was built in 1903 to commemorate the event. The tower overlooks Union Square in Somerville where Fat City was and has great views of Boston.

The bottom photo is Chris Chance holding the bike up to a bunch of supposedly astonished Frenchmen (or Belgians or who really knows). I think they got a bunch of old geezers hanging around Union Square to pose for the shot.

The cards were all perforated and were addressed. We got them sent back to us from all over and it was always fun to see where they would come from.

I noticed the copy about the Monster does say 1991 so I would guess that this is the 1991 brochure. I used to have a pile of them but lost them all in 2003. More significant since Dan was a family member as well as a fellow Fat worker and rider.

Also, the Yo doesn't have the Yo Eddy decals, we probably hadn't gotten them finished in time for the photo shoot. Same for the Slim and that one has down tube shifter mounts which quickly fell out of favor with the advent of brake lever shifters. Not sure how many Slims actually had the shifter mount braze-ons but I would guess that not many of them do.

Thanks for finding that
Scott

shiprick

Hi guys,
a first post for me on here but been lurking a while. Some of you will have seen me around on Retrobike. Have had a S/M '94 for a while now and after quite a bit of cojoling:D I managed to do a deal with Charlie for his '91. Currently building it back up. Will post it up here once it's finished.
I'll scan the 1991 catalogue and post it in the Retrobike archive once I get back home from work in a couple of weeks time. Hope it'll be of interest.
Thanks

rick

91 catalog

I too have both postcard catalogs; they are similar but different. I think that I have all (who knows?) and there are definitely a few years skipped. Certainly in the NY years.

Scott, my Slim has downtube shifter mounts, I would not have expected that to be unusual. I remember seeing the Slims as Mavic neutral support bikes at some races, full Mavic gruppo in that cool yellow color. I would like to have one like that. Those were probably the first Slims that I ever saw.