pattern for yo eddy decals?

MAXX

first i wanna say "HELLO" to everybody,
nice to see, that the "good old times" still running! :D

i'm a proud owner of a yo eddy team manufactured in 1991 and i am german, yes :wink:
so, you don't have to wondering about my kind of english...lol

i want to get back to the original paint (grellow) i have one framebuilder, the have a similar color (powdercoating) on stock.
for this work i need at least a pattern of all stickers for the yo eddy.
i want to make it by myself, because i can't take the original decals, they would burn during the coating and i dont want to stick it after the paintjob on the frame.
i remember, that the original stickers are very thin and not enough "stable" against scratches and so on. thats the reason, why i want to get the decals under the clear coat...

is somebody out there, to help me for good jpgs or probably .eps /ai files of all stickers for the YO?

will be great!

MAXX

Doug Carter

Staff member
I have been working on artwork for the Yo Eddy, but the decal set that I am working with isn't complete. I need to get an original full set from Wendyl, which are still available for $25.

Doug

MAXX

hi doug,
yes i know.
but i live in germany and i dont have a credit card....money order and check is expensive and for me too complicated.
even i do not need these originals, i wrote.

the faster and cheaper way could be, if somebody has the decals complete, it would be great if they could scan it with 300dpi and send it over....for me it would be easyer...
or maybe you can send me your artwork over?

THX
MAXX

yo' djblu

In my humble opinion, scanning the decal art would be tough due to the fact when they were printed they add the white last and it overlaps the colour that was laid down before it. This also applies to the "FAT" in "team fat chance" what ever colour is the inner colour was printed last and it overlaps the black outlines that were laid down first. example, The Mass flag has white over the entire flag so the stripes and the snake are not visible. The only way that I can think of to do it would be to actually transfer the decals to paper and scan the paper but would make them unuseable for a bike OR to actually scan them as they are printed and find clip art to fill the overlaps but you would still have to redraw the black where the colour overlaps. A graphic artist like myself would be able to create the decals but it would take some hours to create them correctly. I started to but found it WAY quicker to just purchace them.OK enuff of printing 101 ~ RIDE ON!!!

MAXX

hi yo' djblu,
thx for your answer!
yes, you are right, you have a "application-tape" on the decals, so it would be hard, to get them down, without to transfer it to a paper, i forgot! :(
...and the backprint of the decals are white, so you cant get it mirrored through the scanner. shit!

ok, if is no other soloution, i'll try to order it at wendyl.
how can i reach him?
i read in a topic, that somebody at ebay.de sells decals "yobetty1956"
is that the right contact?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAXX

oh..and i was wondering, why this "guy" choosed this nick "yobetty" LOL
but "wendyll sounds more like a man.... nevermind.
so lets see what i'll get. :)

if the resurrection of yo eddy is done, i will posting a few pics.

THX so far!
MAXX

scant

Maxx, yes please post up any information relating to the grellow. if you have any success I'd be very interested to know the (RAL?) paint codes used for the grellow. I'd really like a grellow Yo myself (have all the parts ready, just need a frame!)

keep us informed!