Oops, there it is!

fat-tony

Staff member
My YO. Rick at D&D did a great job with the paint. I was one of the lucky ones that actually received decals from Swendyll. Can't wait to build this thing up! I still need some of my prize parts for it though, but I am looking.

Peace

Attachments

• fatchance 002.jpg
    fatchance 002.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 142
  • fatchance 005.jpg
    fatchance 005.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 209
  • fatchance 006.jpg
    fatchance 006.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 137

fat-tony

Staff member
bushpig said:
Very nice! What is the serial number? If you don't mind, how much did that paint run?

Serial number is: 405Y3SM
Paint was $300

Thanks for the kind words!

DonH

I LOVE that color! I had my Wicked lite re-painted the same color a few years ago.
Enjoy the frame, its a beauty!

scant

very nice :D I have a FAT painted Yo in the same colour & last year scored a big 1inch fork for realistic

fat-tony

Staff member
scant said:
Under bright light can you see the red metallic sheen :confused:

Scant:
I can see the some faint red, but I have never seen this stock color before in person, so it looks good to my eye, but I don't have anything to compare it to other than what I have seen on a computer screen and you know how that is.

yoshboston

lovely

Fat, Have you finished building this up since you had it painted? If so, please post more pics as it's been ages since I saw one in that beautiful team color. man that's awesome.

Hey, I am just getting to the point where I am going to repaint my Yo and have heard D&D mentioned as one of the best.

Q: Could you post the details on how to reach them and who you worked with? Rick you said? How long did it take to get it done? weeks or months?

I was also thinking about contacting IF to see if they would be interested but I bet that they are too busy with their own stuff - having it painted there would be a nice link to the Fat family story though)

Q: Has anyone taken this route?

bushpig

As far as I know, Vicious Cycles does a lot of the paint for IF. Small operation but approachable guys. I have a bike there now and have another that I'll be sending in the near future.

rick

painting

I have spoken to IF about painting a Fat and they declined.

They did recommend Viscious.

fat-tony

Staff member
yoshboston said:
Q: Could you post the details on how to reach them and who you worked with? Rick you said? How long did it take to get it done? weeks or months?

QUOTE]

Rick with D & D Cylces in San Lorenzo, Ca: You can give him a call at: phone; 510 278 2976

He does not do email or have a website. FYI: He said it would take 6 weeks, took 3 1/2 months.

I have not built it up other than adding a Rock Shox because I still need some parts but working on that.

Peace

fat-tony

Staff member
settemarche said:
Team Voilet looks sick. the decals look excellent too. is there a clearcoat sprayed over them?

Yes. One coat over frame, light sanding, then decals applied, and then two additional coats over everything with light sanding in between.

I appreciate folks here liking it, but a shout out needs to go out to Doug Carter for putting such a fine example together back in the day and basically letting me fall in love with his old Team rider! That boy has a great eye for style.

yoshboston

fat-tony said:
Rick with D & D Cylces in San Lorenzo, Ca: You can give him a call at: phone; 510 278 2976

He does not do email or have a website. FYI: He said it would take 6 weeks, took 3 1/2 months.

I have not built it up other than adding a Rock Shox because I still need some parts but working on that.

Peace

Thanks Bro! good to know on the time delay. Sounds like I may wait until I am good and ready to give her up for that long during the winter months. I just brought her back so def won't be shipping her out for 3 months now!:rolleyes: