• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Yo on E

Yo Eddy!

$811 is almost 100 more than my complete Aquafade did two years ago. Mine wasn't NOS, but definately very close to mint.

Apparently prices have risen or people are willing to pay a bizar premium for NOS/100% mint.

@AB
To me a depreciation of 30% over 10 years is not much.

John

Administrator
Staff member
The joys of e-bay. The problem is it only takes two people who want it badly enough to send the price sky high....

AB

It should be pretty obvious that ebay is not what it use to be - now for the most part it's just stupid, but effective for sellers.

rody

Would'a paid a fair bit more...

In '94 I had a chance to pick up a Yo from the Fat City shop or spend the same amount of money for a week long frame building class with Grove Innovations in Pa. I chose the class, continued to apprentice with Bill for two years, and then went off to build my own frames as a part time business. I never regretted the decision to learn the craft from such a talented artist as Bill Grove but have to this day continued to admire the careful design and hand construction put out by the guys at Fat City Cycles.

So...now that I'm a bit older, have a bit more money, and can fabricate what I want, I just couldn't resist filling that void left by taking the "other" road.

800 bucks for a NOS Yo with a King headset was a steal. I know what went into the fab, love the history, and now have a piece of that other road. The frame should arrive Monday...I'll post some pics if you all would like. The build will take a bit longer as I'm a bit behind in my own work just now.

Glad to be part of the Fat Cog family...

rody
GroovyCycleWorks

AB

Rody,

Welcome .... I think you'll be pretty happy with your new purchase.

Good luck with the build.

mainlyfats

Witness...

rutteger said:
The joys of e-bay. The problem is it only takes two people who want it badly enough to send the price sky high....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7189076035&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

A case in point... If it was mint I would have understood, but there seems to be quite a bit of rust on those components.

Maybe they've got their sister's unridden Ross sitting in a basement and ready for a parts transplant.

I guess the lesson is to never underestimate what people with decent jobs are willing to pay for things they couldn't afford in high school!

yo' djblu

congrats on your purchase! I got my yo aqua fade here on fatcogs. Not nos but in amazing condition for it being from 93! I am happy you got that frame and for nos i think it was a deal as well. keep us informed!

Yo Eddy!

Congrats and welcome!

Of course 800 for such a great frame is still a bargain.

Consider depreciation won't be a serious issue in future too - but of course this is pretty irrelevant as you won't sell your new love anyway ;)

lucifer

rody said:
In '94 I had a chance to pick up a Yo from the Fat City shop or spend the same amount of money for a week long frame building class with Grove Innovations in Pa. I chose the class, continued to apprentice with Bill for two years, and then went off to build my own frames as a part time business. I never regretted the decision to learn the craft from such a talented artist as Bill Grove but have to this day continued to admire the careful design and hand construction put out by the guys at Fat City Cycles.

So...now that I'm a bit older, have a bit more money, and can fabricate what I want, I just couldn't resist filling that void left by taking the "other" road.

800 bucks for a NOS Yo with a King headset was a steal. I know what went into the fab, love the history, and now have a piece of that other road. The frame should arrive Monday...I'll post some pics if you all would like. The build will take a bit longer as I'm a bit behind in my own work just now.

Glad to be part of the Fat Cog family...

rody
GroovyCycleWorks

Hey rody, congrats on the yo, I'd have been bidding against you except for the fact that I already have a NOS buckshaver I built this year into a singlespeed. I am just getting ready to start building frames and would love to chat with you sometimes about the ins and outs of said endeavors.