Bro Eddy

jpicard616

I've been curious about these for a while and haven't found too much info on them, but what exactly is the point of the Bro Eddy, and where do they fit in Fat hierarchy? Were they a more economic version of the Yo (same geometry, cheaper price)?

fat-tony

Staff member
From Mombat:

New York built bikes include the new Bro-Eddy and Chris Cross cyclocross bike. The Ti Fat, Chris Chance Road and Yo Eddy continue. All bike switch to the 1 1/8" headsets. The Bro-Eddy uses the 16.75" stays and smaller diameter stays to give a less stiff ride than the Yo. Colors were Sapphire Purple or Sapphire blue in xs (Yo Betty), s, s/m, m, m/l and l. The Yo keeps the 16 7/8" stays and is corrected for a 2.5" suspension fork. Colors are Sapphire Fade, Sapphire Blue. Sapphire Purple, Chameleon Metallic, Chameleon Green and Chameleon Bronze in sizes s through xl. Ti continues in xs through l sizing.

Retro Dude

See attached spec sheets

Attachments

• 1996 bro eddy spec1.jpg
    1996 bro eddy spec1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 1996 bro eddy spec2.jpg
    1996 bro eddy spec2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 28

mainlyfats

These bikes are so rare... How many have appeared here in the forums over the years? One? Two?

(Hmmm... After a search, more than I thought. Still, in my mind there must be 1000 Yos per bro)

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Perhaps only because they were kinda short lived? I bought one that I later resold (too small for me), but they'd be a great option for a smaller/lighter rider. The Yo is pretty stiff...

mainlyfats

Perhaps only because they were kinda short lived? I bought one that I later resold (too small for me), but they'd be a great option for a smaller/lighter rider. The Yo is pretty stiff...

Totally... Very short-lived model at the tail end of the company 2.0.

I've never seen one in the flesh.

colker

one was being sold in the ads here. It was blue and belonged to Chris Chance. It was my size.

fatdan

I am the proud owner of one of the last Bro Eddy's made. It's a sapphire blue M. These bikes replaced the Buck Shaver model in '96 or '97 with the main difference being 1 1/8" head tube, suspension-corrected geo and full length seat stays (Buck was a mono stay). I think it coincided with the frameshop moving to Saratoga NY. It also has slightly more gentle geometry compared to the Yo and a couple of extra braze-ons for a rack. It was built as a slightly cheaper, all-rounder frame and is a delightfully lively ride. Mine is currently built up as a single speed training bike. I'll try and get some new pics up.