Spindle Length question on a 92 Yo!

kevin881

I just bought some Cook Bros CBR cranks and was wondering if anyone knows the spindle length necessary to mount these on a Yo? I was thinking 127? I dont know though... since they are not here yet I cannot measure to see.

BB is threaded Suntour Greaseguard, but I dont think it has the spindle length I need.

jo eddy

Spindle

Hi,I think for compact drive 127mm are enough,if the cook's older and have standard
chainrings,you need more lengh!!
I'm using a 133mm titanium spindle for '89 CBR's.

Olli

Attachments

• DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 20

kevin881

hey Jo, thanks for the quick reply.
Yup these cooks are older 1990 I think... Looks like I will need 133mm spindle just like what you have.

Here are the photos from the auction... look like the same CBRs you have but not anodized.

Jack Lantern

I've got a 127mm spindle in my 91 Yo for my 110/74 Cook's cranks and I have more than enough clearance. I don't know Cook's well enough to know what time period mine are so I have included a few pix. The drive side arm was beveled on the inside for frt. der clearance issues but the arms and the inner ring fit just fine.

ooopsy! If this doesn't work I'll have to set it up on photobucket and add it later...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• b130re2.jpg
    b130re2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 22
  • d970re2.jpg
    d970re2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 18
  • f8d5re2.jpg
    f8d5re2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

rody

Click on each photo, brings it up larger :D

MikeNYC on this board should be able to give you the necessary spindle length...it was his auction I believe.

I'm running a early 90's CBR with a 127 spindle on a Yo FWIW

cheers,

rody

kevin881

rody said:
Click on each photo, brings it up larger :D

It didnt at first... he edited his photos :D

rody said:
MikeNYC on this board should be able to give you the necessary spindle length...it was his auction I believe.

Yep, but Mike doesnt have a Yo... he told me to ask here so we could be sure. He had them on a wicked, I think which has a different geometry than the Yo.

rody said:
I'm running a early 90's CBR with a 127 spindle on a Yo FWIW

cheers,

rody

Cool. Then it looks like I should be fine. :) What year is your Yo to be sure? Mine is a 92 with a threaded BB. Got pics? :)