Save My Yo....BB Collars

stimpy

Hello All,
I'm in the process of trying to revive my '93 Yo which has a pressed BB. I have a new axel, bearings, but have lost one of the collars that holds everything together. Anyone know where I could find a new collar, or have one to sell?

Thanks

jbrannsten

Staff member
Hello All,
I'm in the process of trying to revive my '93 Yo which has a pressed BB. I have a new axel, bearings, but have lost one of the collars that holds everything together. Anyone know where I could find a new collar, or have one to sell?

Thanks

Are you sure it is a '93? Thought FCC started using threaded BB's in '92?
I have a '91 Yo with pressed BB, and my '92 has threaded. My '92 Monster also has a threaded BB.

stimpy

I was under the assumption it was a '93, but a new paint job by the previous owner covered the serial number. I know that it's a Yo with a pressed BB, and that the geometry was designed for rigid forks. Anyone have any ideas how I could date my Yo?

DC

My 90 is pressed, 92 threaded. I would guess it is a 90 or 91 or an early 92. If the serial number is too faint to see, try putting a piece of paper over it and using the side of the pencil lead rub over the numbers, this will often transfer the #s to the paper. My 90 ser # is 006Z07, my 92 is 734Y2s.
Check out the serial number section for FATs on the MOMBAT site:
http://www.mombat.org/Fat_Chance.htm
(scroll to bottom)
DC