To paint or not to paint...91 yo eddy

Bigbead75

So I'm just a couple of weeks away from having this baby delivered to me. It will be my second Fat. It's a 91 Yo Eddy size large.

Thinking about giving it a paint job, but not sure.

Any ideas what the stock colours were for the '91's? I went on Retrobike to have a look at a 91 catalogue but they don't have one.

What would you guys do? Paint or leave it? Any colour suggestions?

Best,

J

Attachments

• yoeddy.jpg
    yoeddy.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 67

RSAmerica

It only original ones!

Here's my original 1990 that I put back on the trail this summer.

Attachments

• YoEddy.jpg
    YoEddy.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 47
I would stick with the factory paint. Kind of like a car I beleive that re-painting a bike lessens it's value a bit unless the paint is in terrible shape & it really needs new paint. I have repainted 2 of my fats but it's because the original paint was in terrible shape in both cases. Most of my bikes have original paint & i plan to keep them that way as long as possible.

Build it up and ride it! My 2 Cents:)

Jon

chainline

The Fat's I buy require Krylon. Spend some time with some cleaner wax some elbow grease it will look good as new...

Chance Oviedo

Totally keep it original. That Fat's in really good condition and then when you get it repainted you have to worry about buying and applying decals and paying for shipping and stuff like that.

RayMar

So I'm just a couple of weeks away from having this baby delivered to me. It will be my second Fat. It's a 91 Yo Eddy size large.

Thinking about giving it a paint job, but not sure.

Any ideas what the stock colours were for the '91's? I went on Retrobike to have a look at a 91 catalogue but they don't have one.

What would you guys do? Paint or leave it? Any colour suggestions?

Best,

J

A bike, or anything really, can only be original once! Clean it, polish components, make it look as nice as you can, but i think originality trumps everything. I currently do not own a Fat Chance (looking for Yo E) but have a number of other nice Italian bikes that have their history is some of the scrapes, rashes, etc.

WVEddy

Paint it

Its your bike, paint it if you want. I am on paint job number 3. It feels like a brand new bike each time I get it painted. This is a mountain bike, not a collector car.

Bigbead75

made the decision

Thanks for the input. I've decided to keep it as is.

Might get some new stickers...going to wait until I see it in the flesh!

Best,

J