Where to get the best repaint.

SSjason232

Im rebuilding another Yo! Eddy to match the one I very stupidly sold a few years back. When I bought it from fat, I had it custom painted. I want it painted to match my old one, but not sure where to go. Anyone have an opinion, or better yet, any experience. Thanks guys.

Had mine repainted by Air Art....

Check out the gallery of bikes and look for the pink and purple fade job. Russ Picket , who did the custom paint jobs for Mountain Gaot, painted mine. he is in Chico California and does mavelous work.

He does not have a computer and is pretty old school.

Russ Picket
1621 Spruce Ave
Chico California
530-342-7802

Keepin it real.....

JS

fatf**knchance

hey, had my 94 yo eddy painted by vicious cycles. they did an exact replica of the Aquamarine fade. it looks really nice. check out their web site viciouscycles.com

give carl a call

(845) 883-4303

SSjason232

Yea, I was leaning toward them in my search of shops. Btw. How much did Vicious charge you to do the repaint? Im just trying to figure out what im going to be looking at price wise. Thanks.

fatf**knchance

download the paint book, i think there is a price sheet. i had some extra paint stuff done so it may be hard to figure. maybe around $500???

SSjason232

Looks like they do good work, but they seem really, really expensive. I dont mind paying for quality, but thats a crap load. I wonder if they give discounts to people that work at shops? Guess Ill have to call. Anyone else have any experiences?

SSjason232

Their work looks awesome, a few of the guys in the shop are interested in getting their stuff painted, so hopefully he can do something. Ill give him a call for sure on monday.

yoshboston

how did this turn out?

I am in the Washington DC area now and planning a full rebuild of my Yo later this year. Just contacted Wendyll for some stickers and am actually leaning toward a very very matte gray blue "earth pastel" color a la some of the IBIS frames on the mid90s. Always liked that screeching earth color palette that IBIS had...but will definitely be toning it to fat palette.

did you get a quote from them SSJASON?

/Josh in DC

SSjason232

I got the bike back from paint (if anyone is even reading this thread anymore). I got it done at Vicious Cycles and it came out awesome. Total cost with two colors, my name on the top tube, paint removal, prep, and the custom work with the "tear effect" on both the top and down tubes. Total cost with return shipping was $320.00 (with a shop employee discount). Worth every penny!