Refinished Slim

Dan

Just got my Slim back after total refinish. I will upload pictures as soon as I learn how. Did get one uploaded in "Albums' section. I think my pics are too large since the note says "invalid file" when I try to upload. Right now it is time for an early AM ride along the Rock and Roll half marathon route before the runners start.

tvcreative

Wow very very nice....more pix. I think if you make them 5x7 at 200 dpi and save as a High setting jpg they will load. They have to be less than 500K size-wise - I believe.

great job, where did you get it painted?

Dan

Just successfully uploaded a few other pictures of my Slim I bought new and just had refinished by Gordon Freedman, Cycle Classics Bicycle & Restorations in Porstmouth, Va

Pics are in Album Forum, I do not know how to get them moved here.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Here ya go:

attachment.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dan

I remember Kemp Jones owner of Ocean Front Bikes telling me the fork was hand made also. I bought this bike which he had ordered for himself. The Durace never came off until time to strip and paint. The restoration shop took 8 months and did a great job. I had shipped the frame to Adam Wales who inspected and returned it to me suggesting a complete refinish. The back wheel does not hold tight and moves under hard cranking. I have tightened and will call rebuilder. I will ride it on my 20 mi "old man" ride of 20 mi at 20 mph which we do two to three days 6 am to 7 am.

I have posted pic of Wicked, factory choice two tone I bought from Kemp on "Album" section under community.

tvcreative

Just curious

what is the serial number and year?

I have a slim, I believe a 1992, but it is made of TSX Columbus, and it has a sloping crown on the fork...

I love that fork...

mine also came with Campagnolo Chorus 8

did yours come with Dura ace? and the crazy blue rims?

I think I am jealous....

Dan

Rolf Wheels were upgrade one or two yrs later. Frame came to shop and DurAce was added at shop. I have serial number somewhere but new paint is several coats including clear coat and number is not easy to read now.
What color is your Slim?

tvcreative

blue here is a pic, I have changed the seatpost to an american classic with more height, and a longer cinelli 110mm stem and 44c criterium bars...

I built this first with rough measurements and then swapped out to fit properly after a few rides. Love Love the way it rides...

Still needs real campy brake levers...

Attachments

• 241729_1885367865844_7580493_o.jpg
    241729_1885367865844_7580493_o.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 16

Dan

fun ride

Serial number is 012 and either a 3 or an 8 and then either a 7 or a 1.

Rode 20 mi this AM with team ride as they didi their third loop and I am amazed. The Slim is heavy so I was worried about keeping up. Once at speed the Slim is very fast. I think the spring in the frame gives the pedel stroke more effecient power transfer, or something. But once moving the Slim is a joy and very fast. I have a Lightspeed Vortex and a Fugi Team carbon and a very light full carbon generic road bike with Zipp 404's and the Slim felt as if it was easier to keep at speed.

Put a chip on top tube so no longer virgin paint