Yo Eddy replica forks

Ketil

I have a 97 Yo Eddy and always wanted a rigid fork, I bought the frame just before Fat became a part of the Serotta co. ??, and the availability for Fat products was not easy. Some time ago I came by a frame builder, Groovy Cycleworks, who build replica forks, does anyone have any experience with this?

jbrannsten

Staff member
Greetings to a fellow member from Norway. I believe you are the third

C. igleheart and Rody are the two I would go for as well. Or wait until an original fork comes around on eBay.

jh4rt

Rody built this for me.

Yo Replica fork.

Perfect....
IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

misterdangerpants

Chris igleheart made a Big One Inch for my Ted Wojcik last year. Great guy and his work is very nice.

Here's a photo of the Ted and the Yo.

Attachments

• P2030001.JPG
    P2030001.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

bonsaii

Chris igleheart made a Big One Inch for my Ted Wojcik last year. Great guy and his work is very nice.

Here's a photo of the Ted and the Yo.

Hi there!

A question provided the Ted is a rebuilt Yo Eddy!; did Iglebike mount the rear caliper-bracket as well?

Just bought a "new" (Seratoga) Yo Eddy!, and planning to rebuild it to disc brakes. Front and rear..

- bons :cool:

Oirad

misterdangerpants,

Hats off! Two lovely bikes. The Wojcik is the same as the one on his website.

-- Oirad

misterdangerpants

misterdangerpants,

Hats off! Two lovely bikes. The Wojcik is the same as the one on his website.

-- Oirad

Thanks! :D Yes, that's my bike up on the Ted Wojcik website. Those photos are from the first build, and the one above is from the second build. It is currently in its third build and I'm really enjoying it. You can see the entire process here. Here's what it looks like now:

Attachments

• yoteddyv3.jpg
    yoteddyv3.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 43

misterdangerpants

Hi there!

A question provided the Ted is a rebuilt Yo Eddy!; did Iglebike mount the rear caliper-bracket as well?

Just bought a "new" (Seratoga) Yo Eddy!, and planning to rebuild it to disc brakes. Front and rear..

- bons :cool:

The frame is fairly new (late 2007), so the brackets were welded on when the frame and fork were built.

bonsaii

Que??

I just ordered a yo repro from Rody- will the fork hit the frame or clear it if you spin it too far?

Steve

What exactly do you mean? It's probably my bad american, but could you specify a bit more..? Is it the thread lenght you referring to?

jbrannsten

Staff member
Correction: 1994. Which is why the 1993 Ti Fat is so heavily sought after by enthusiasts.

The reason for the 1993 is heavily sought after must be because the 1993 model was the last year with the sleeved construction and not because the move to Serotta was in 1994. The move was late in 1994, to my knowledge Fat shut down in October 1994 so there was a few 1994 Ti made in Somerville but they were not made with the sleeved construction.

smittylube

Thanks yes that is what I meant. I am excited also because I will go threadless and Eliminate the quill adapter and the shock weight. Along with whatever wheels I put on will make it nice and light :>)
Steve