Seat posts...do you Kalloy?

Jeeves

I'm working on a Wicked project. This one won't be pretty, so I'm going with low bling parts. I know that one if the hard bits to find is the 26.4 seat post- esp a nice long one. In order to get riding, I am faced with the eBay option of the ubiquitous Kalloy or Uno or Orbit posts, until I can find something better. Any thoughts, recommendations, testimonials or warnings on these posts? Weight is not a major concern. :cool:

Thanks!
Raj

chefmiguel

. The ones with no logos are better for just that reason. No reason not to ride one, compared to bling models they rarely ever break.

Retro Dude

That's good to know because I'm in the same boat. need a 26.4 seat post for my wicked. Not a real wide selection on eBay.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
They're cheap, look decent, and hold up well. Nothing special and maybe a bit heavy but they are one of the easiest to find in the sizes we need (26.4 and 29.4).

My Yo Eddy new in 1991 came with a Sakae TCO ('tall cool one'), but I'd probably run a Kalloy stealthy black post over one of those now.

Jeeves

Good info - thanks folks! :beer: Good to know that these are a workable option.
I think my Wicked came with a SR Laprade - and I snapped the seat post bolt on a landing. Ever since, I've gone for the 2-bolt posts.

zonq

...I use a 29.2 on a couple frames that are too tight to squeeze (pound) a 29.4 in.

Syncros made very nice ones, but Kalloys work and are readily available for cheap if you don't mind the weight.