Syncros Revolution BB width

Hey scant it's sylv, i'm getting hold of those NOS cranks in FRance ;-)

I've read they require a 109mm (Syncros catalogue) and elsewhere a 117mm (somewhere on a forum).

I have some 107 and a 121. Haven't got the cranks yet but will try with those at first, hopefully the 107 will be ok, down stays aren't that fat. Any one had similar experience?

Thanks

scant

webbys got some syncros revos on both his FAT ti & billy, so he should have a good idea of length required :)

I'll mail him this link :)

webby

BB

122 on the Fat ti, only got the other cranks today so it will be a few weeks before they go on Billy.

Got them!

sync2.jpg

Good surprises:

- they are matt black (like the stems). I had always thought they were, but doing searches on them recently I had come to think they were actually a glossy black. Matt much nicer.

- they are surprisingly compact. I thought the arms would be thicker, but they are actually quite tiny. Smaller in diameter than the Moratis.

- They will fit fine with a 107mm bb (on my Sunn at least).

sync1.jpg

- They are quite light. Left arm is 176gm and if it wasn't for the heavy spider design they could have been around the 400gm mark.

sync3.jpg

Now I need some nice standard sized Syncros rings to go with them ...

MadMcDowell

Syncros cranks

Show off's! :shock: Anyway, I have some syncros cranks (the plain forged Ali ones...) for my '92 Yo and was wondering what BB I required (their compact drive). All assistance gratefully received!!