95 Fat Titanium TFM006

Dr S

I aquired this Fat late last year from my good friend in Amsterdam. I have made a few changes- swapped out the heavy Tange fork for a NOS Yo Eddy that turned up on eBay last month and changed the bars to a slightly wider Titec which came also from the Netherlands (cheers Roy!). I have just painted the forks and need to find some bosses so I can mount the brakes and I can take it for a ride at last. Finally, last on the list are the cranks. Idealy I would like some Syncros Revolutions or black Graftons.
Hope you like it guys. I will try and get some better pictures over the weekend if it warms up a little.
4256011181_80e34af570_b.jpg

4256017305_d2cf15472a_b.jpg

Frame: Fat Chance Titanium TFM006
Fork: Fat Chance Yo Eddy
Headset: Chris King Titanium with grip nut conversion
Stem: Titec Titanium
Handlebar: Titec Titanium
Grips: Oury
Brakes: Shimano Deore XTR M900
Brake Pads: Shimano Deore XTR M900
Brake Cables: Transfil Flyin Snake Kevlar
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano Deore XTR M900
Shifters: Shimano Deore XTR M900
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XTR M900
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XTR M900 with Bullseye jockeys
Derailleur Cables: Transfil Flyin Snake
Cassette: Shimano Deore XTR M900
Chain: KMC X10 SL
Cranks: Currently Cooks E type, looking for Syncros Revolutions
Crank Bolts:Syncros Crank-o-Matics (to be fitted)
Chainrings: Styronglight and Middleburn
Chainring bolts: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: Royce Titanium with ceramic bearings
Pedals: Polished M735 XT
Hub Skewers: Ringle Ti-Stix
Rims: WTB Laserbeam
Hubs: Chris King
Nipples: Alloy
Spokes: Sapim
Tyres: Tioga Psycho Kevlar
Tubes: Conti
Saddle: Flite Titanium
Seatpost: Syncros Titanium
Seatpost Binder: Cook Bros (looking for Ringle)
Weight: 20.1lbs

colker

it's ultra nice. what's wrong w/ the cranks? those are Cook Bros. Cool stuff.
If i were you i would swap that stem into something trail freindly; 15

lucifer

Totally rockin build!
I hope you used lots of anti seize on the headset and seatpost as Ti on Ti tends to weld itself together if you don't.

Super light too!. Must be fun to ride.

settemarche

Good Dr.

looks fantastic in the guise that it is in.

what we really need to work on is returning this bike to its rightful home back here in the US and of A. just too cold there in the UK. the bike looks unhappy. maybe we could retire it out here to the west coast? my garage is being converted into an old frames home!

Sette

colker

Good Dr.

looks fantastic in the guise that it is in.

what we really need to work on is returning this bike to its rightful home back here in the US and of A. just too cold there in the UK. the bike looks unhappy. maybe we could retire it out here to the west coast? my garage is being converted into an old frames home!

Sette

how's the wicked treating you?;)

Dr S

Ha! It is cold over here but my Fats are happy- they live in a heated garage and only see trails in the summer sun or on crisp, dry winter mornings. They spend most of the winter being loved, polished and cherished.
I do look forward to the better weather around April, they will all getsome use again- esecially the Wicked which is still my favourite old skool trail bike. Until then I will have to make do with riding my modern Moots.