Another Yo

Actually a sister to uno-speedo, look at the serial #:
Frame type: Yo Eddy
Frame number: 363Y09
Year of manufacture: 1990
Frame size: 19ish
Color: Originally Grello but out for paint
Owner name: James

I guess in 1990 the sizes are in numbers instead of letters?

Pics soon

Last edited:

Dakota569

That price is what the nicest of the nice ones sell for.....you can upload up to four pics on craigslist. You might have better luck if you took a couple decent pictures and listed the parts that are on it.

Here is an example that has been on craigs for MONTHS now at a similar price and not sold, though with a much better done ad:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bik/1263339853.html

Thanks for the selling tips Nate, I've had a couple offers close to my asking price. It's the small frame people seem to be interested in...

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
It is true that there are many more Mediums out there than Smalls. In any case, good luck with the sale!

Theodorus

Frame number: 891Y1M
Year of manufacture: 1991
Frame size: medium
Color: Wild Cherry
Owner name: Ted

I purchased the bike from the manager of my LBS in 1993. It had a Judy, painted to match. He told me he sent the fork to Chris where it was painted, but told me the frame was not a suspension corrected version. Rode the bike for years, then let it sit around waiting for me to restore it. Now in process. Frame is at my painter now. Working on my parts list, and am in search of a suitable rigid fork.

Last edited:

brentjen

? '88 Monster Fat

Frame type: Monster Fat
Frame number: 12018w
Year of manufacture:
Frame size: 18"
Color: Black with Green decals
Owner name: Brent

Attachments

• DSC01307.jpg
    DSC01307.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 52

Johniboi

Frame type: Yo Eddy Team
Frame number: 407Y4ML
Year of manufacture: 1994
Frame size: Medium/Large
Color: Aquafade
Owner name: John Howard

I purchased this frame as new in 1998 with price tag and a label, signed by all the guys who had built the bike. I built the bike up as a single speeder and still use it today with the same configuration. I will try to put some photos of the bike up soon but here is a pic of the frame back in 1998.

Attachments

• Yo EddyFrame 1998010.jpg
    Yo EddyFrame 1998010.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 58

GEISLPJ

Yo Eddy Fat Chance

:skull:
The database is coming along nicely, guys. Starting with the list from Jeff at First Flight Bikes (thanks Jeff), we have converted the chart to an Excel spreadsheet, and added a couple of different fields, with the option to sort. My wife and computer nerd Kim is developing a registry for the site to allow anyone to add to supply the information to the registry themselves, as well as sort by frame number, frame style, location, and a few other things.

Keep 'em coming!

doug
I have a Yo Eddy Fat Chance serial# YOM412 I'm told it was made in New York maybe in 1995.I'm interested in getting it restored,it's in relatively good shape but I'm not real mechanical and don't want to do any damage to my Yo.Could you steer me toward a reliable and trustworthy sorce.

Bean6180

Frame Registry

Frame type: Fat Chance
Frame number: 8411 (11th bike of '84?)
Year of manufacture: 1984(?)
Frame size: measures 20.5" ...so 21"?
Color: Original Blue .. with a little rust
Owner name: Bob ... for now. It'll probably be going on the autcion block.. unfortunately.

IMG_1671.JPG

Last edited:

lilredvette2

Updated registry if anyone wants a copy. Point out errors so I can fix them.

Attachments

• fatchance_registry_030606(1).xls
    58.5 KB · Views: 79

Dr S

I have just aquired an Auquafade Large Shock-a-Billy frame number 030P4L. Is this a 1994?? It has a Mass decal on the seat tube.

Si

Frame type: Fat Chance Team Comp
Frame number: 06449TC
Year of manufacture: 1990
Frame size: measures 18.75
Color: Purple
Owner name: Jon ... Just bought it from Bob above! Looking to trade it for a larger size Fat Chance since it's too small for me.

Last edited:

rsgl

85 Fat Chance

Frame type: Fat Chance
Frame number: 85214
Year of manufacture: 1985
Frame size: ST 17.5" C/C
Color: Orange
Owner name: Rob

I am the original owner. This has been an urban bike. Original except for replaced rear der./cogset, tires. Middle chainring was also changed at time of purchase. For some reason I removed all the stickers except for the headtube sticker.

It's ready for a restore......

Attachments

• Fat Chance 85214 Side.jpg
    Fat Chance 85214 Side.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Fat Chance 85214 Rear 3:4.jpg
    Fat Chance 85214 Rear 3:4.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 44

patk

99 Yo Eddy

Frame number: YO SM 2561
Year of manufacture: 1999
Color: Sapphire Blue
Owner name: Patrick

wickedwillie

Hello, first post here, thanks for a great website.

Frame type (Yo!, Wicked, etc.): Fat Chance
Frame number: 871314
Year of manufacture: 1987
Frame size: 21"
Color (original and repainted, if applicable): Orig: Blue with Black Fork (fork now orange)
Location (city, state, country): Burlington VT USA
Owner name: Will
Photo, if possible:

This is bike is in pretty rough shape, but the frame is sound and all the original components appear to be attached. BB spins pretty well, headset is total junk, I think it may take considerable work to free up the stem and get the forks out-also you can see where someone was pounding on the underside of the seatpost in an effort to free it from the frame, should be a lot of fun trying to get it apart........

Looks like all XT stuff including rear brake and hubs, Mavic Oxygen M6 wheels. I don't like clamping on the tubing, but the seatpost is kinda buried!

I just picked this up today, NH craigslist. No big rust issues, just surface stuff, with a little luck I'll be able to bring it back to former glory.

Attachments

• IMG_4651.jpg
    IMG_4651.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 35

45Ronin

My 92 Yo!

Frame type (Yo!, Wicked, etc.): Yo!
Frame number: 152Y2M
Year of manufacture: 1992
Frame size: Medium
Color (original and repainted, if applicable): Orig: Yellow w/ Black Tange fork
Location (city, state, country): Orange County, CA

My first Fat Chance bike.

This one was built up with a bunch of Fatcogs help. The frame/fork came from yo-Nate-y, and the parts came from a donor Yo! (92 as well and had the original Yo fork), and some kit from Eli. You gotta love the DX stuff. Not the most blingy build, but this bike, like with its previous owner, will see some mileage downrange.

The bike rides awesome, and was exactly what I was looking for. Eventually, it'll get fresh wet paint and the Yo! fork.

For now though, I'm real happy with this build.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Sweet! That came together nicely----and nice wheels to boot! Peter White wheels came stock on my '91 Yo and '91 Monster. His site is great stuff too.

Loey

1991 Yo Eddy

Frame number: 068Y1M
Year of manufacture: 1991
Frame size: M (17")
Color: Black
Owner name: Leo
Photo: Just after I bought it last fall.
th_my_yo.png

No pics or numbers, just fond memories of the Wicked. Sold it in Holland in '90

Last edited: