San Clemente Weed Patch Ride 09-2010 anyone?

team fallbrook

http://www.mountainbikebill.com/SCST.htm

Here is Mountainbike Bills description on the trail

Here are the directions
Directions: There are two primary trailheads to start from. I prefer to start from Steed Park.
  • Steed Park Trailhead: From I-5 in San Clemente take the Ave Pico exit. Turn east and take Ave Pico 1.7 miles. Turn right onto Ave La Plata and travel south for 1.4 miles. Steed Park is on the right-hand side of the road just as you can see the road dead-end. You can also park at the end of the street. The trails start just past the end of the road.
  • Cristianitos Road Trailhead: At the south end of San Clemente on I-5 take the Cristianitos Road Exit and turn east. Just to the east of the freeway is the intersection of El Camino Real. Park anywhere near this area. A doubletrack access road is just to the south of Cristianitos Road that you can use to go east into the trail network.
I vote with Mountain Bike Bill for the Stead Park Trail Head

Either Day is Okay with me what time does everyone want to start 8 or 9?

team fallbrook

It will probably need a couple days to dry out

A good old fashon mud bowl could be fum

Saturday might be better

Update weather report we had a few sprinkles last night (Monday) and it has been ovecast all day so it might still be soopy this weekend

The guys at Buy My Bikes (local Bike Store) said it needs a good dry spell after the rains

Let me know what you guys want to do

Last edited:

Upchuck

Hmm...I'd hate to travel down and find it muddy. What are our other options that are vintage bike/vintage rider friendly?

team fallbrook

Aliso Woods Canyon in Aliso Viejo is where I broke in my Fat it has some great trails, It is closer for you guys

El Morro is good too

The only thing is Saturday is better for me