Decal scam

Spikes

I bought a set of decals on eBay from frankeason. The story seemed sound and I decided to take the plunge even though the price was steep at $99. These were the old style decals as found on the first Fat Chance mountainbikes and they are hard to find.

I never received the decals and was told about an investigation he was supposed to do for me with USPS and so on. I was stalled beyond the 45 days that eBay uses as a timelimit to complain. My fault, I know. I never thought someone from the community would be such a pain in the rear.

Now months later still no decals, $99 gone and no replies from this seller. Fellow fatcogs, please beware with this seller! He sometimes sells other fat related stuff.

mainlyfats

I'm all for an open and honest discussion of those who try and make a buck off people whose passion is vintage mountain bikes.

I've found the decal issue particularly hard while restoring a pre-Yo bike and am not convinced that any of the go-to folks have a clue. I don't want to blacken anyone's eye, but let's just say that very few people really know what they're talking about.

If you have questions or concerns, please ask either through the forums or via PM. The more of a stink we raise, the less likely suppliers are to fcuk up in the future!