Gold

tvcreative

Hold on...a yo fork for $430? I mean - I bid it up there but - good lord...

I think I will keep all of my YO stable and wait for frame and forks to sell for $5999....

wait some dick out there is trying to do that...

at this rate, FC products are going to be worth more than their weight in gold...

chainline

The sad thing is you can buy /order a fork from Chris Igleheart that is new for less that is better than the originals that he made in the 90's and yes the market from over sea's is driving the prices thu the roof.

IF52

You got a goos point there. Its the people across the atlantic- they clearly didnt make enough fats to go around.

Clearly not enough were made to go around. Funny thing is though, the European distributor in, I think Germany was the largest Fat supplier in the world through the early 90s.

Zamfir

I watched the auction as well and was a little surprised at the ending price. But to put things in perspective these Yo forks are one of the most iconic in biking and are becoming more collectible everyday (we hope). What i'm more offended by are the prices of modern suspension forks, $800+ for a fork that will soon be outdated? To me this is more offensive than a Yo fork for $430.

That being said I deiced to have Chris Igleheart build me a fork for less dough and I couldn't be happier.

colker

FC frames are not that sought after as the Yo or BOI fork. besides.. ebay is like gambling, it's addictive, not logical.

BostonBobby

Ebay is addictive. and i knew this thats why i had stayed away from it. recently i have found myself buying things just to buy them on there.. insanity!
When I first starting looking for a Yo to build I was not that aware as Iam now and would have bought one without the yo fork for the same price. Luckily the 2 I bought both had the yo fork and not shox! Im also happy that compared to the price forks are selling for I was able to purchse the whole bike with fork for less than just the fork sold for. If I hadnt been that lucky I would be one of the bidders when these forks fly outta there for those insane costs! Cause even tho you can get Ingelheart to build one newer I would still want the original. It would be cool to be able to track down all the Yos. I wonder how many of them are in another Country. I would assume alot have made the trek elsewere.

Syborg

I've also watched the fork on ebay and I would also have been willing to pay that price if I would need a Yo Eddy fork. A Yo Eddy is just only complete with an original Yo Eddy fork. And yes you could also take a Chris Igleheart fork which may be better determined but it's never the original. I'll keep my Yo Eddy forks which I keep here in order to complete my Yo's. Greetings from Germany Helmut

colker

I've also watched the fork on ebay and I would also have been willing to pay that price if I would need a Yo Eddy fork. A Yo Eddy is just only complete with an original Yo Eddy fork. And yes you could also take a Chris Igleheart fork which may be better determined but it's never the original. I'll keep my Yo Eddy forks which I keep here in order to complete my Yo's. Greetings from Germany Helmut

That's silly. Igleheart did the original yo forks. What's not original about him building them again? It makes no sense.
what you want from a Yo is the ride and a fork built by the same craftsman w/ the same materials and paint is golden. There isn't an "original" Yo. They are all replicas of a concept put forth by Chris Chance and his craftsmen. The frame and fork evolved.. applying a lesser value to a fork built nowadays by Igleheart, goes against the same values that motivated those men to create Yo Eddys. It's the equivalent of necrophillia.

Last edited:

Syborg

That's silly. Igleheart did the original yo forks. What's not original about him building them again? It makes no sense.
what you want from a Yo is the ride and a fork built by the same craftsman w/ the same materials and paint is golden. There isn't an "original" Yo. They are all replicas of a concept put forth by Chris Chance and his craftsmen. The frame and fork evolved.. applying a lesser value to a fork built nowadays by Igleheart, goes against the same values that motivated those men to create Yo Eddys. It's the equivalent of necrophillia.

You have misunderstood me, which I attribute to my English. I think in fact that the fork from Chris Igleheart is a very good alternative to the original Yo Eddy fork out of time. I have an Igleheart Fork on my Independent Fabrication bike (which represent the evolution of the Yo Eddy for me) and can confirm that this fork is beyond any doubt. It's true that the original Fat Chance bikes are duplications of a concept put forth by Chris and his craftsmen. Chris Chance said finally: "Yo Eddy! Is an urban concept with no beginning and no end. He's kind of like God "

And all this has nothing to do with necrophilia. A beautiful Yo Eddy fork is just my fetish. That's all!

In this sense, many greetings to Rio de Janeiro.

Helmut

colker

You have misunderstood me, which I attribute to my English. I think in fact that the fork from Chris Igleheart is a very good alternative to the original Yo Eddy fork out of time. I have an Igleheart Fork on my Independent Fabrication bike (which represent the evolution of the Yo Eddy for me) and can confirm that this fork is beyond any doubt. It's true that the original Fat Chance bikes are duplications of a concept put forth by Chris and his craftsmen. Chris Chance said finally: "Yo Eddy! Is an urban concept with no beginning and no end. He's kind of like God "

And all this has nothing to do with necrophilia. A beautiful Yo Eddy fork is just my fetish. That's all!

In this sense, many greetings to Rio de Janeiro.

Helmut

Cool.;)