Groovy BOI on my Yo

IF52

Sorry about the crumbie picture and setting, but I was snapping some other items today and figured I would get of shot or two of this too. Rody got the color really freakin close, without even seeing anything but a snapshot of it.

YoRigidSM.jpg

YoRigidSM2.jpg

DC

Nice work, that looks really dope! I especially like the contrast of the Maguras with the Chameleon Metallica. How does she ride?

IF52

Thanks. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Can't wait for spring. They dump so much salt on the roads up here I hate hauling my bike in the winter time.

I wasn't sure how the Maggies would work out. They kind of look a bit industrial with such a slim fork. I love they way they work and the color is kind of cool with the frame though.

bonsaii

Nice camelon metallica! Doesn't see these with BOI very often!

We have the same salt problem over here. Keep the steel inside. :cool:

jbrannsten

Staff member
Very nice bike indeed!

We have the same salt problem over here. Keep the steel inside. :cool:

Good we both have Ti's to avoid the salt problem. On the other side, who dares going out for a ride when it's -22 degrees centigrade outside (-7.6 Fahrenheit):confused:

Last edited:

IF52

I was wondering what you did with that frame.....great color, cool brakes.

Thanks. Before I got the BOI I was actually riding it quite a bit with a SID/Judy frankenfork. Really fun bike.

I really like the Maguras, but since those pictures I have swapped them out for a set of xtr V brakes. Gives the bike a much lighter look. I was kind of nudged in that direction because I wanted to put cranks on that were shorter then the 187mm bullseyes and I had just stripped down the IF to sell it, so I swapped everything from it onto the Yo.

WVEddy

I run maguras on my Yo as well. I would never swap them out for v-brakes. I personally like the modulation way better than v-brakes. The maguras are different and just plain cool. I say put'm back on.

IF52

I don't mind V brakes, they work just fine for this area. I run Paul Vs on my McMahon and they work really well for my needs. I do really like the maguras and will probably wind up putting another set on there, but for now I'll mess around with the XTRs. It's easier to swap out forks since I can keep and extra set of XTR Vs on the SID and don't have to mess with pad alignment or anything.