1996 ML FAT CHANCE Titanium

kingroon

1996 ML FAT CHANCE Titanium #TFML008

So I picked this up from Germany a week or so ago, and was truly gutted when I discovered an undisclosed Ding on the Top Tube.. To say I'm embarrassed about it would be closer to the truth.. The Seller assured me there were no dings or dents and has become incommunicado.. Paying by Bank Deposit hasn't helped my cause of getting a refund/discount either..

So..

Moving forward..

I don't think that the Ding is life threatening, it looks like a handlbar swipe and doesn't appear to pierce the tubing [no crack/split].. Would it be worth doing anything to it? Or is this merely an imperfection I'll have to live with?

Attachments

• 8967895459_87168ac609_b.jpg
    8967895459_87168ac609_b.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

tvcreative

stickers are our friends...

once on, you'll be fine

make it a cool one

perhaps a band aid?

I have an Ibis Ti Mojo - and the same thing happened. I put a kick ass WTB logo on it. I never think about it now

TC

Gutted for you Matt, I can't stand it when you hunt forever & pay a lot of money for your unicorn only to find the seller is withholding info that could have made him less money.

If I was the seller & if he has a conscience & Actively participates in the retro world ( which is a very close & honest community) I would at leAst offer a partial refund its only FAIR!!! So come forward who ever you are & see Matt right & let's keep this hobby friendly.

Anyway it looks good whatever mate!

tvcreative

the guy who sold it to you definitely owes you one...

but it's not hideous, nor is it dangerous...just a heartbreak that needs a boo boo sticker to cover

how about a ringle, salsa, wtb or shimano?

I have a cool DT swiss decal on another bike

afterbang

is it possible that it happened during shipping? I had to take up a claim once and ended up with all my money back and a free Wicked.

kingroon

is it possible that it happened during shipping? I had to take up a claim once and ended up with all my money back and a free Wicked.

I have considered that, and am trying to chat to the Vendor about it, but he is now not checking his messages :confused:

MikeyNYC

I had this frame briefly in the beginning of the year, I quickly traded it to a guy in Germany who sent me a L Ti Fat in trade...This was probably who you bought it from.

For what it is worth, here is what I wrote to the person in one of my first exchanges in January in an e-mail thread titled: "Ti Fat Chance TF ML 008‏"

"It is very nice, there are a few small scratches, most can be buffed out and just one noticeable ding on the top tube where maybe a handlebar must've swung around and hit, but the frame is very clean and has no structural issues or cracks."

That's why I asked you about the serial #, I suspected it was my old frame which by the way that ding is cosmetic, just ride the bike and enjoy it...Not going to comment on the seller, my experience with him was OK.

kingroon

..that ding is cosmetic, just ride the bike and enjoy it..

Thank you so much for your comment, that has really helped moved on from this :)

I have had previous history with the seller and he was okay then so I don't know why he is being so difficult/dismissive now! Anyways, I intend to build this up and ride it good 'n' proper.. Will post photos of its progress :cool: