Resurrecting my Yo!

I-ROBOT

Hey thanks for the info!

I will see if I have time to visit

Thanks for the links. Guess I will have to learn my high school French all over again!:mad:

Enjoy
Scott

sketchy

Scott-Thanks for all the info and thank you to everyone for all the encouragement. I'm dropping the frame and fork off tonite at Sugar Coat to get powder coated. Still not sure what color to go with yet. Any suggestions?

Here's a link to their site:http://sugarcoatboston.com/index.html

I have most of my parts together except for a few small things. It's going to be a mix of new and old, and I see that the Smoke and Dart tires are being made again!

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
grabbed here for the benefit of the lazy viewers who DESERVE to see your paint job anyway.
that looks awesome, man! how much did the geekhouse paint run?

Attachments

• fat paint.jpg
    fat paint.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 31

sketchy

Thanks, Nate. I'm not sure of the price- I do some work for Marty and get paid in powder coating and other stuff but I think it's pretty reasonable. He's done a bunch of frames for me and they all look great. Up close you can tell it's not wet paint but from two steps away you can't.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
gotcha---bartering is a good system! looks like it came out really well. what are your plans for the build?

sketchy

Something old, something new! IRD 9 speed thumbshifters, new XT derailleurs, Paul Motolites and Love Levers, old school White Industries crank, old XT seat post, new Smoke and Dart tires. At some point I want to make some bull moose bars and have them powdered to match. It originally came with a Mavic Paris-Dakar head set that I want to slap on.

sketchy

Yup, it has a silver metallic overspray. I'm thinking the pink and white decals I got might not look so good.

sketchy

Thanks! Wish I could figure out how to post pics, though. I'm bringing the bike to my buddy who wrenches at a local shop to hook me up with a BB for the White Brothers crank and I should be able to do the decals and head set tomorrow am. Too bad it just dumped a ton of snow here so I don't know when I'll get to ride it. :(

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
What do I get for granting your wish?
Posting pics:

1. get the address of the picture itself---like, right click on the photo and open it in its own window or tab.

2. copy that address. should end in .jpg or whatever format photo it is.

3. when you post here, click the fourth icon from the left in the row of icons above the text entry window where you are typing. it looks like a little picture of a sun and mountains.

4. a little window pops up asking you to enter the url (address) of your photo. paste it in and hit okay.

= that's it. if you tried that and it didn't work, maybe you have a really strong pop-up blocker?

alternatively, do it manually by adding this:

sketchy

5255852680_17cab8be50_m.jpg

Holy Cow! It worked! I guess I need to actually take some pictures now.

This is my buddy Steve's freshly powder coated bike, BTW.

sketchy

5309747593_501b546748_m.jpg

Crappy cell phone teaser pic. Got the BB and headset installed but I still need a stem. I hope to have it all built this week.

DC

The pink & white decals look stellar on the Team Violet, I wasn't expecting that combo to be so cool.

sketchy

Started to hang the parts today but ran into a snag. While trying to align the derailleur hanger I pulled the threads out. It was severely bent a long time ago and fixed but couldn't take all of the bending. So I can either drill the threads out and braze in an insert, messing up the powder coat, or use one of those inserts that don't need brazing but don't seem that great. But here's a peek-

5336822594_e6d7011732_m.jpg

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Or throw in the towel and go single speed.

I almost want to say that would be a shame though....