UK FATCOGs Meet

Whats dates are good for you? Please only vote if you can make those dates.

• June 16th/17th

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • June 30th/July 1st

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • July 21st/22nd

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • August 4th/5th

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • August 25th/26th

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

northerndave

Anyone interested in a UK Fat ride/meet over this summer? I know a few of you are out there so let's see if we can get something organised as a meet.

Post up if you're in the UK and would be like to be part of something in the new few months.

Here's some more details guys:

UK FatCogs 30th Anniversary Ride

Location: Lakes, exact TBC but I think Grizedale or do a Langdale, Elterwater. I think Grizedale would be good as we can either do the Red route or the more sublime access roads. We need tight single track to make the fats sing like they should right?

Dates: Check the poll up there ^^^^ and vote!

Last edited:

theredchili

Anyone interested in a UK Fat ride/meet over this summer? I know a few of you are out there so let's see if we can get something organised as a meet.

Post up if you're in the UK and would be like to be part of something in the new few months.

I have been planning a similar thing , have free camping , routes to hand ,have briefly mentioned to JV, but nothing concrete arranged.

grd

To help with an idea on numbers, there would be 2 other riders with me on my Fats for the weekend.

webby

Yeah I could attend and drag along a 2 or 3 fats... and a banner, coffee mug, pint glass, all sorts of clothing... where and when are you thinking?

northerndave

Thanks for all the replies chaps.

I was thinking one day over the warmer summer months of june/July.

I think location will prob depend on what's central to us all.

Prob south based on who I know in the Fat community but let us all know your rough location.

Thinking around one of the trail areas like Bedgbury or Thetford simply because facilities will mean a neat round trip ride on made trails with a tea shop..

Mentioned it to Kingroon on RB too but spread the word if you are in comms with other Cogs. If There's 15 ish of us we could do T's to celebrate!!

grd

I'm in the South, but I will travel. I just want some good, single track trails to take the Fat's on.

I've had good riding on the Surrey Hills which I would be happy to lead, Forest of Dean is good and Red Chiili knows this area, Thetford Forest is good single track, any other ideas???

theredchili

I'm in the South, but I will travel. I just want some good, single track trails to take the Fat's on.

I've had good riding on the Surrey Hills which I would be happy to lead, Forest of Dean is good and Red Chiili knows this area, Thetford Forest is good single track, any other ideas???

Sure, I have lots of great single track routes over this way and can offer free camping for anyone interested in heading over ,could make a weekend out of it with a couple of days riding.

northerndave

All sounding good chaps, thanks for all getting back to the thread.

I'm relatively easy with location. In the south would be good, but equally got a lot of connections to the lakes so that would be good too.

Let's try to drum up a but more interest and make a call on dates and locations in the next couple of weeks.

Dr S

Just realised guys we're looking at a 30 year anniversary for Fat City this year...

All the more reason to make this one special then. Mountain bikes for real mountains. How about choosing one of the highest mountains in the UK? Nevis, Snowdon or Helvellyn?

John

Administrator
Staff member
Nice idea Dave.

Given it's April probably need to start trying to get a date and location sorted. Guessing given most of the UK FatCOGers are all over the country somewhere central would be best.