Repro Jerseys

Kaiser

I tentatively emailed Giordana about reproduction Fat jerseys. They have a custom service available and I asked if they could remake a classic fat jersey, they have asked for a picture showing the jerseys as they cannot find them in their records(?). Anyway is this something that folks would be interested in?

DMtbrider

Kaiser,

Hmmm, surprised you've received no replies. So...I'll chime in. Yeah, I'd be interested. I always like have the appropriate jersey to go with the bike I'm riding. Case in point, I have a Bontrager jersey to match my Bontrager Race.

If Giordana doesn't come through, what's the possibility of doing one through someone like Champion Systems? We had our club jersey done through them and they only required a minimum first order of 10 (per piece or item) and the price was an inexpensive $45.
http://champ-sys.com/custom/cycling/?___store=default

I guess the only question is copyright infringement. Does anyone still hold the rights to Fat City / Fat Chance / etc.? Because if so, then you might be looking at a possible lawsuit. Especially if you're making a profit.

My thoughts...
Daniel

Doug Carter

Staff member
I guess the only question is copyright infringement. Does anyone still hold the rights to Fat City / Fat Chance / etc.? Because if so, then you might be looking at a possible lawsuit. Especially if you're making a profit.

Nope, all public domain. They all expired years ago. You can check the patent and trademark listings online pretty easily.

WVEddy

I would be in for a jersey or two. I have been outbid on vintage ones on ebay more times than i can remember. I would be down for short and long sleeve versions.

chainline

jerseys

just remember there were three styles of them you would need to figure what style you would want to have redone.

WVEddy

What a bunch of slackers we all are on this. Some one with the skills or know how is going to have to recreate the jersey patterns and get them made. I am down for a short and long sleeve, but would prefer the new mtn loose fit style over a race kit style. Who actually has a jersey to use as the pattern? Just my 2 cents.

MonsterMan

Jerseys, I'm in....

Fellow Cogs,

I'd be in, and might be able to provide some detailed pix of jerseys, since I found my stash in a box after my daughter left for college, I'd bet the current manufacturers would have to be left off due to copyright stuff, but the rest of the Fat City stuff would be so cool. Attached is a pic I posted on my Monster Flickr page. I'll shoot the backs and post it soon too.

Have a good weekend.

Paul (MonsterMan)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulmoseleyphotos/sets/72157623491141518/

Spikes

I'd be interested in three:
- checkered shirt L/S
- checkered shirt S/S
- screaming Yo Eddy shirt Campagnolo S/S

So count me in!

Philhill

Jersey

I would be in as well. I'd like to have a second one. I'm afraid to wear this one too much.

Attachments

• Fat jersey.jpg
    Fat jersey.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 8