Chris Cross

Spikes

I bought this frame brand spankin' new years ago from a fellow Fat COG member. I never had the time to build it up, but over the years I collected everything I needed. This week the last part (the stem) arrived, so today I finished this project.
frame: Chris Cross
gruppo: Campy Centaur 10-speed with TA rings and record hubs
brakes: Paul neo-retro
headset: Euclid
stem and bars: Salsa (incl. Salsa tape)
seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece
seat: SLR carbonio
rims: Campy Omega V
tires: Grifo Challenge
pedals: ugly but versatile Shomanis (I will commute with this bike)
The front derailleur was converted to top pull with a Speen Umlenker. The ride is great!

Attachments

• L9900303.jpg
    L9900303.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 134
  • L9900300.jpg
    L9900300.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 90
  • L9900297.jpg
    L9900297.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 75

mainlyfats

I bought this frame brand spankin' new years ago from a fellow Fat COG member. I never had the time to build it up, but over the years I collected everything I needed. This week the last part (the stem) arrived, so today I finished this project.
frame: Chris Cross
gruppo: Campy Centaur 10-speed with TA rings and record hubs
brakes: Paul neo-retro
headset: Euclid
stem and bars: Salsa (incl. Salsa tape)
seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece
seat: SLR carbonio
rims: Campy Omega V
tires: Grifo Challenge
pedals: ugly but versatile Shomanis (I will commute with this bike)
The front derailleur was converted to top pull with a Speen Umlenker. The ride is great!

Your usual perfection! Well done!

tvcreative

Va VAVOOM!

Just when I thought I had seen the best of the best, you bring out the rarest of birds...

beautiful...just beautiful.

Jim

misterdangerpants

Wicked! :D If you want some nice tires for commuting that will look great on that sweet ride, go with some Jack Brown 33.3 tires. I had some on my Rhygin Metax CX and they rode nicely and looked awesome.

Edit: Just read your RBR thread and that answer my question regarding the year (1998).

45Ronin

Someone needs to hit up Chris in between massages and ask him to revive his bike building. Think what each one would be worth. I think he would rise to the Richard Sachs territory for wait and pricing...